CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

8th February 2013, 21:48
Brilliant, syzygy

They have had a lot of snow in South Wales this winter!
6 of 14  -   Report This Post

pastille

8th February 2013, 23:33
Saw this the other day....brilliant....been singing " in the depot" since....as they said Elvis has left the depot....oh yes he has.......x
7 of 14  -   Report This Post

kiwikid

9th February 2013, 09:52
Your weather keeps hitting our news headlines...I hope you are managing to stay safe and have enough supplies to see you through. Take care!

(Just to make you envious, the forecast here is for 29 C tomorrow!)
8 of 14  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

9th February 2013, 13:14
Yikes! The wind apparently got even worse while we slept. When we woke up our house was in Antarctica.
We've got 27 inches so far, and we're expecting several more. Never lost power though!
kiwikid: Envy loses some of its vital spontaneity when you have to translate from C to F first.
9 of 14  -   Report This Post

rossim

9th February 2013, 14:06
At minus 40 they are the same!
Glad you are ok and haven't lost power.
10 of 14  -   Report This Post

rosalind

9th February 2013, 15:19
Where in NZ are you, kiwikid?
My fav place in the world (well, not the built-up areas)
Stewart Island especially but there are so many other beautiful places.
11 of 14  -   Report This Post

redcoral

9th February 2013, 15:29
Ah! I wondered where you were K at that temperature.

It doesn't sound to good for Aristo though. Snow can look pretty but that's about all!
12 of 14  -   Report This Post

kiwikid

10th February 2013, 05:24
Rosalind - sorry for the delay replying, have been at work all day (yes, I know it's Sunday!) I am in Christchurch, the shaky city. It used to be known as The Garden City, but some wag suggested it now should be The City of Cranes!
Hope everyone continues to be safe, warm and dry! xx
13 of 14  -   Report This Post

rosalind

10th February 2013, 09:46
aristo- some really dramatic pictures of the snow. Including one chap in his underwear in a New York Street! Hope you still have power.
Kiwikid- was in ChCh in Jan 2011, my friend was ringing at the Cathedral. They were told to get under the table in case of an earthquake!
The city hadn't really started to get over the previous quake. Must be very difficult for everyone, but especially those involved with the tourist trade
14 of 14  -   Report This Post