CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rosalind

8th February 2013, 19:28
I can't really imagine 3 feet of snow! Here we tend to grind (and slip) to a halt at 6".
Please let us know how you're doing.
1 of 14  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

8th February 2013, 19:42
It hasn't cranked up yet, rosalind; there's just a dusting on the skylights. They're saying it could be one of the ten worst blizzards in history, however. I walked over to the nearest gas (petrol :]) station to fill a tank for my snowblower and generator and it was a zoo there; I decided to just siphon from the cars if I run out. On the news they keep showing supermarkets with empty shelves; the half of us who remember the great blizzard of 1978 must be out in force. We're well in from the coast, fortunately; that'll no doubt get slammed. Thanks for your concern.
2 of 14  -   Report This Post

pastille

8th February 2013, 19:45
Stay safe and warm.....x
3 of 14  -   Report This Post

emrach

8th February 2013, 20:24
Hope you and your family are all prepared. In the UK a few iches seems to bring everything to a halt never mind three feet!!! USA being bigger and all that !!!! Take Care T xx
4 of 14  -   Report This Post

syzygy

8th February 2013, 21:44
Hope you get through this OK, Aristo.
Warm (10ยบ) & sunny on the west coast.

Something to lift your spirits:
http://tinyurl.com/b7cl9c3

I'll post a puzzle link to keep you busy.

5 of 14  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th February 2013, 21:48
Brilliant, syzygy

They have had a lot of snow in South Wales this winter!
6 of 14  -   Report This Post

pastille

8th February 2013, 23:33
Saw this the other day....brilliant....been singing " in the depot" since....as they said Elvis has left the depot....oh yes he has.......x
7 of 14  -   Report This Post

kiwikid

9th February 2013, 09:52
Your weather keeps hitting our news headlines...I hope you are managing to stay safe and have enough supplies to see you through. Take care!

(Just to make you envious, the forecast here is for 29 C tomorrow!)
8 of 14  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

9th February 2013, 13:14
Yikes! The wind apparently got even worse while we slept. When we woke up our house was in Antarctica.
We've got 27 inches so far, and we're expecting several more. Never lost power though!
kiwikid: Envy loses some of its vital spontaneity when you have to translate from C to F first.
9 of 14  -   Report This Post

rossim

9th February 2013, 14:06
At minus 40 they are the same!
Glad you are ok and haven't lost power.
10 of 14  -   Report This Post