CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bob9264

9th January 2013, 12:02
in an answer to another member you advised
checking ''answer bank''. where is this to be found? am new to site bob
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

chips

9th January 2013, 12:27
There's a website called theanswerbank - it has lots of sections (law,jobs,crosswords...) and there are some very helpful people there.
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

mamya

9th January 2013, 12:31

sudokulover

9th January 2013, 17:52
hello bob9624 - hopefully you will have had a look at the answerbank website by now. There are some very clever people on there (just the same as is on here!) who are always willing to help with your puzzles.(Some are indeed the same person on here and there with a different username!)
It is also useful for looking up previous queries about a certain crossword by searching in the box at the top of the screen
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

bob9264

10th January 2013, 11:47
Hi sudokulover. thanks for your help.i am in my late 70's and not that computer literate.
another very helpful person''jazzgirl'' told me to check previous answers but as far as i can see it means opening every individual thred on each page of that days date which is very labourious. I of course ignore any postings quoting a different puzzle to which I need help. never mind, one thing i do have is time. thank you once again bob
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

10th January 2013, 12:29
Quite often google will find the appropriate threads for you - e.g Sun Times 4519 answerbank or ST 4519 crossword forum will fetch up various threads on the crossword you are looking for. Good luck anyway. keep crosswording!
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

bernie

10th January 2013, 12:37
Hopefully the re-jig of this site will help it become more user friendly. I sometimes use "Answerbank", but, I prefer this site!
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

10th January 2013, 13:14
hi bob
We have asked for a "search" box to be installed on this site when it is re-launched soon (hopefully) so that should make it a lot easier to find any thread quickly just by entering either the crossword name and number, or the clue itself.
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

bob9264

10th January 2013, 15:24
thank you sudokulover,jazzgirl and bernie for your input.still have trouble remembering not to use a capital letter addressing some-one.
i.e. jazzgirl instead of Jazzgirl.
never mind eh. regards bob
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

rosalind

10th January 2013, 15:59
It's not a hanging offence, Bob. Indeed I think many people would prefer a capital
Rx
10 of 10  -   Report This Post