CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mrs trellis

4th December 2012, 18:29
Hi mrw - you're very welcome to join our chat, and I can see why you thought I was referring to emrach as 'he' - but actually I was talking about bobs mum's German Shepherd! But who knows, perhaps emrach enjoys a roll in the snow too :-)
4 of 22  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

4th December 2012, 18:36
Hi Bobs mum, so glad the lassie is happier now, it's horrible when they're not isn't it? Mine too is enjoying uni life now and I'm off to see her tomorrow. She comes home on the 11th for 6 weeks anyway - £9000 tuition plus £5000 accommodation well spent I'd say. Grrrrrr
Great about your gsd doing so well - our youngest is a complete psycho - but we're having him 'done' tomorrow so that might help. It'll teach him a lesson anyway!
Hope you have a great time in London, it sounds wonderful. I'm still trying to find time to join in the JE - I haven't even been able to do Clue Chain recently, which I miss. Maybe after Christmas.......... x
5 of 22  -   Report This Post

pastille

4th December 2012, 18:37
Hello lovely Ladies.....nice to see a bit of persiflage.

If there are no objections I may join you later...

Toodle pip....x
6 of 22  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

4th December 2012, 18:42
Hi pastille, always welcome - I'm sure we'll all be dipping in & out (I have a thrilling committee meeting tonight so won't be here later this evening). Hope you're well - I hear you've been busy with a new business venture - is it anything you can tell us about?
7 of 22  -   Report This Post

mrw

4th December 2012, 23:02
Mrs T I'm mortified and extremely embarrassed thank you for being so understanding. Also thank you for the invite.
We used to have a yellow Labrador dog called Bodger and an Irish setter bitch called Jolie who loved the outdoors sadly we no longer have them and are reduced to a rescue cat called Leo at the moment.
I do have an interest in the topic you are talking about. My youngest daughter is 4 weeks away from her 18th birthday and currently doing her A levels at a college in the new forest. She is looking to go to Uni in Sept next year and it scares the hell out of me.
8 of 22  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

5th December 2012, 06:26
Hi mrw, no need whatsoever to feel embarrassed, I'm always doing that sort of thing! There are a few of us on this forum in similar position re children and uni, it's nice to share experiences. Also a fair few of us are dog-lovers :-)
You say your youngest is planning uni - have you had others go? If so, hopefully you'll know that it's not as bad as you fear. I actually found the first one going far worse than the younger one, which really surprised me. Hope you're keeping warm.
9 of 22  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

5th December 2012, 09:05
Morning guys,

Well i was not expecting that when i got up -- SNOW very pretty, looking forward to putting the wellies on and going out in a while. Welcome to the chat mrw mrs t and i found ourselves in the same boat earlier this year with dogs and daughters.
Mrs t i know what u mean re rent/fees for accommodation. My girls uni does not offer halls of residence so we went for flat sharing option -- the rub is that we have to pay rent for the full contract year. She leaves London after the first year next July and we have to pay till the 1st of October - as u say Grrrrr

I missed the weather last night on tv so really was a great surprise this morning - just going to check if there,s more on the way.
10 of 22  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

5th December 2012, 09:23
Hi bobs mum - I'm not pleased about the snow as it may put the kibosh on my trip to see the girl today. Re rent etc - although we only pay for 39 weeks in halls (over £5000!!), we have to pay from July to secure a house that she won't be moving into until late Sept/early Oct, so same situation as you. The landlords have got it all sewn up. Double grrr. Have a nice romp in the snow - which seems to be thawing here :-)
11 of 22  -   Report This Post

emrach

5th December 2012, 10:07
Morning

Yup always enjoy a roll in the snow - did make me giggle being mistaken for a dog and not for the first time !!!!

I have a rescue dog who had been so maltreated her fur had fallen out when we got her but four weeks later we had the furiest collie I had ever seen. (she is predominately border collie with spaniel ears) Also have a daft cat who completely rules the roost.

I also have two daughters one of whom went to uni but still lived at home but I often felt if she had been away it would have been a more life learning experience for her. Living in Scotland I was never burdened with Uni fees until she done her Masters which was only for one year - very lucky.

Off to catch my ball and stick before more snow arrives tomorrow Take Care
12 of 22  -   Report This Post

mrw

5th December 2012, 10:46
Hi,
Its not snowing here, but its bloody cold.I have 2 older daughters Mrs T neither went to uni. Both are now leading their own lives,full time jobs,full time mums etc.

With the youngest just starting out.It seems to me that its a much nastier world out there now,or is that me getting old? She confides in her mum (my wife) who fortunately is blessed with both intelligence and common sense so that's a plus.Its probably me,now I'm retired from work (OAP next June)I have more time to think about things other than work. When I'm not playing golf that is ha!
13 of 22  -   Report This Post