CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

greedy kite

23rd November 2012, 07:27
Don't bother with the "G." today, chris: it's not worth the little effort it costs to do it in my opinion!
1 of 17  -   Report This Post

chrise

23rd November 2012, 07:29
I'm just off to buy the paper, GK. Nice day today (unusually), so first priority after shopping is going for a walk!
2 of 17  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

23rd November 2012, 08:16
I agree Greedy.

It's about time Gordius and Rufus were replaced in my view. They have had a good run.

I've got a long train journey tonight and fortunately have The Spectator crossword for that.

Do you have a crack at the Speccy?
3 of 17  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

23rd November 2012, 09:53
Of course: aren't I one of your best customers on AB? No, I must be getting names confused! The theme this week is not my favourite kind of ............., but easy to recognize early.
On That Other Paper: don't I remember quite horrifying Gordius efforts not so long ago? Glad they refunded the enormous sum I paid for it to be delivered here; it was taking anything up to a fortnight to arrive! I must have had grand illusions about the quality of their typical puzzles: I now find them very erratic. Still a fan of the paper, mind you: it's just that I can't get it here at a reasonable price in time. Someone could bring it on foot at that rate.....
4 of 17  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

23rd November 2012, 10:07
Apologies greedy I send it to so many people I lose track.

The Guardian and The FT are my daily papers so if the crossword isn't up to scratchin one it usually is in the other.
5 of 17  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

23rd November 2012, 10:09
So I WAS right after all, DJA! If I can remember names at my age, I'm surprised how many words I forget...
Yes, do try the Sp. for more fun: have never won, but then I never used to do it before. Or am I being unfair to some of the old Gr. hacks? Despite all criticism I still prefer a good old Arau.!
6 of 17  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

23rd November 2012, 10:15
Hey, I never realized I can download the FT for free -- unlike all Times puzzles, which cost money & don't even work for me for some reason! So here goes with 14,169..............
7 of 17  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

23rd November 2012, 10:52
Finished, and it was fun! Particularly liked 23d! See you around, DJA!
8 of 17  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

23rd November 2012, 11:41
Hi Greedy

I have been lucky and won it 3 times- Mephisto once and Azed twice all in a period of 18 months.

I am now entering as my newborn daughter as it would be good to get her name in print!

I will have a look at FT on train tonight.

9 of 17  -   Report This Post

rosalind

23rd November 2012, 12:03
Wow dja, good for you.
It's a bit late for Romy, but if you have another child (you never know, one day!) The Times has a section on Saturdays where they print photos of babies and write a little about them (they ring up for the info). I got William in there as I thought the cutting would be a nice momento.
10 of 17  -   Report This Post