CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

18th November 2012, 00:57
Good morning all,

Well, here it is. A much bigger grid this time with plenty of clues to go at. A few of our regulars are not in this time but we have 2 new setters, so welcome to them. Hope everyone still has a go at this one, and gets involved again next time.

Thanks for all the input from the setters and I hope you all find it enjoyable.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18643289/Joint%20Effort%20Nov%20Dec%202012%20Grid.pdf

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18643289/Joint%20Effort%20Nov%20Dec%20Clues.pdf

If you do spot any mistakes, please feel free to let me know and I will try to rectify them if possible.

If anyone is unable to get the link, let me know and I'll send a copy straight to your email.

Thanks and good luck, Les40
1 of 42  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

18th November 2012, 01:43
Thanks, Les! Looks great. One thing: for some reason the clue numbers disappeared on the left column of the across page when I printed it out. I just wrote the numbers in, but perhaps you could see if yours prints out that way too (funny- the down page is fine). Not a problem really, but if you do happen to make changes you could delete the comma in my 58d (doesn't change the wordplay, so no big deal).
So exciting! Go to bed now.
2 of 42  -   Report This Post

les40

18th November 2012, 02:04
Cheers aristo, I was just gonna switch off when you posted.

I printed everything off earlier to check and it was all ok with me, I printed from the direct link like everyone else will, all the numbers for both Across & Down have printed out fine. must be a slight problem with different print formats. I'll wait to see if it's a widespread problem when I get up later, I need some kip now, not even looked at the Sat Times 15x15 yet, I'm gonna take a look when I get in bed.

Your 58d had a comma in the clue in your original email to me, I'll let it stand if that's ok, people have read it now anyway.

Hope that's ok.

Speak later, have a great day.
3 of 42  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

18th November 2012, 02:39
Thanks, Les. This already looks rather challenging.
4 of 42  -   Report This Post

ixion

18th November 2012, 03:00
Cheers Les...I'll make a start.
5 of 42  -   Report This Post

syzygy

18th November 2012, 03:31
Thanks, Les. Ready to rock & roll.

Aristo, the Euro letter size is slightly taller & narrower than ours. Because the page is in landscape mode, the sides can get truncated.
If you print from the File menu, you will get a preview & the edges might be blurred.
Click the "Fit" button & all will be well.

6 of 42  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

18th November 2012, 07:29
Everything nearly perfect here, Les: a few letters/numbers not quite legible, but not worth mentioning. Thanks once again:something to do on a rainy day, which it is here today for the first time for ages!GK
7 of 42  -   Report This Post

santaslittlehelper

18th November 2012, 10:07
Hi Les - looks interesting and will probably keep me occupied for a while. At least I know 3 of the answers!
8 of 42  -   Report This Post

jws

18th November 2012, 11:11
cheers Les, what a whopper!
9 of 42  -   Report This Post

ab

18th November 2012, 12:49
Bumping to top for others to pick up.
10 of 42  -   Report This Post