CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

redmare

17th October 2012, 17:59
And as so often happens, I now get F perfectly, having posted to the contrary!
11 of 17  -   Report This Post

uncle_w

17th October 2012, 18:09
I can see my error now. Tee 16 is wrongly placed. Moved to below green 15 and fits in to make column d correct and 'broom' also.Columns e and f to do.
12 of 17  -   Report This Post

redmare

17th October 2012, 18:12
If you have understaod the theme, you might have a good idea of what goes in the 'lodge' and that could give you a couple of helpful letters towards the answer for F.
13 of 17  -   Report This Post

drvirgil

17th October 2012, 18:44
I sit in awe of you guys! This is the fourth Listener I have attempted. I completed 4208, almost completed 4209, and completed 4210. But this one from Artix has kept me occupied for four days (I've barely done any work!) and I am still not quite there yet even with all your help! I shan't be submitting (even if I do finish it) but please tell me that this is one of the tougher Listeners?!?!
14 of 17  -   Report This Post

unhelpful

17th October 2012, 19:40
Amongst recent Listeners, 4211 is on the tougher side, but lately they've been somewhat more straightforward than the long-term average, IMHO. The Listener crossword used to be considered the hardest publicly-available puzzle (not sure if that's still true), so if you're hoping that 4211 is a blip in the difficulty level, I'm afraid you may end up disappointed.
15 of 17  -   Report This Post

uncle_w

17th October 2012, 20:01
Finally completed.Thanks to everyone who came to my assistance. Column f is 'blind roads'.Hope that helps.
16 of 17  -   Report This Post

cruciverbalist

23rd October 2012, 08:43
Dr V - this was above average for difficulty, probably top 5 for the year, so don't be discouraged, particularly because in general the Listener is on much more on a par (sorry !) with EV and IQ these days. These tougher puzzles just help to keep the numbers down at the wayzgoose !
17 of 17  -   Report This Post