CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

leon

12th October 2012, 10:43
unclued, yes I was fixated on ludwig wittgenstein
11 of 17  -   Report This Post

redmare

13th October 2012, 11:40
Unclued, I'm not entirely convinced by the shaded squares you mention. Isn't there another option at the top left?

The trouble with such a method of determining which sells are to be shaded is that it is open to interpretation about where you measure from.
12 of 17  -   Report This Post

unclued

13th October 2012, 21:09
Redmare - I've remeasured. Are you sure about the top left corner for shading? Has anyone else got any idea about which cells are to be shaded?
13 of 17  -   Report This Post

leon

14th October 2012, 10:47
unclued I think your right, it does say closest together, I didn't measure as such, I used a 10p coin to cover the 4 letters, not very scientific I know
14 of 17  -   Report This Post

turast

14th October 2012, 12:26
I've gone for the appropriate letters in rows 8,9 & 10. I share the dislike for the chosen method for demonstrating that solvers have found the "right" brother. I like the Germanic pun in the title, though.
15 of 17  -   Report This Post

unclued

14th October 2012, 15:03
Thanks guys - good to have the conversation. I'm just getting used to these Listeners - they're tricky little beasts!!
16 of 17  -   Report This Post

redmare

14th October 2012, 18:56
No, I'm not sure - and that shows that the method of obtaining the highlighting is a bit daft. Perhaps being unduly influenced by what the letters in between, at the top left, actually spell...
17 of 17  -   Report This Post