CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

smudgy13

7th October 2012, 15:01
Thanks mamya it just looked to simple as usual ,away start the sunday papers see how i go with them not holding out much hope i do any better there i will probably be back on for help again.Brain on bit of a go slow our wee dog had big siezure friday for first time thought we had lost him but he home we having to watch him all the time for next few days and plenty tlc he just a wee dachshund so taken lot out of him we keeping fingers crossed it a one off.
11 of 19  -   Report This Post

mamya

7th October 2012, 15:02
Oh goodness, seizures are very alarming yes - do hope all will be well.
12 of 19  -   Report This Post

smudgy13

7th October 2012, 15:06
Thanks mamya It was definately scary but he picked up a bit now so hopefully all will be ok.
13 of 19  -   Report This Post

barrycat

7th October 2012, 15:07
Och, bless the wee soul.
14 of 19  -   Report This Post

smudgy13

7th October 2012, 15:13
Thanks barrycat he still wee bit out of it but just started eating so that good sign back to vet on friday we all hoping it a one off i am sure he living all the extra pampering and hugs the wee rascal.:-)
15 of 19  -   Report This Post

barrycat

7th October 2012, 15:26
He'll live of the sympathy for months, smudgy13
16 of 19  -   Report This Post

smudgy13

7th October 2012, 16:17
Our dog smudge (that why i have smudgy13 as name) can milk a situation very well ! And some people say animals are daft.
17 of 19  -   Report This Post

drumbeat

7th October 2012, 17:02
Hi Smudgy, I'm sorry to hear about your wee dachshund having a seizure. The fact that he's eating is a good sign that he's on the mend. Regarding this week's Daily Record £500 crossword....re clue 67a 'Awkward situation.'
I originally had 'Spat' as the answer...only because it was all I could think of but I now think 'Spot' is a closer match!!
I think the clue 'Unit of heat' for 7a is poor. The answer they are looking for is obviously 'Centigrade' which is a measure of temperature!! A Unit of heat is a 'Therm' or a 'Joule' The compiler is obviously a bampot!
18 of 19  -   Report This Post

smudgy13

7th October 2012, 19:27
Hi there drumbeat my wee smudge has had another small meal so least that give him more energy his movemnts etc still bit slow but improving slowly so just keep fingers crossed.Why do we always get surprised every week that at least one daily record clue and answer dont match i thought same of 7a as you did and i only thought of spot as answer to awkward situation as my line of thought was 'in a spot of bother '.Each week we know it gonna be crappy but still do it haha bet u wish you were still on holiday.
19 of 19  -   Report This Post