CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bullfrog

4th October 2012, 12:54
Hi barista -- I don't know if you missed it, but my post @4 was a clue suggestion, not a socio-political comment. It doesn't, however contain any lords, a-leaping or otherwise...
11 of 18  -   Report This Post

mamya

4th October 2012, 13:05
Amount of annual return after having mis-sold during endless xmas

US dollar (amount) - a(nnual) r(eturn) (after) anag (mis) 'sold' (during) (Y ) ul (e )

12 of 18  -   Report This Post

barista

4th October 2012, 13:45
Thanks Bullfrog. I'm quite fond of ut supra - although I suspect my clients would need to have it spelt out as "ut supra" rather than "as above" in the clue!

Although I've rejected my original idea using "debtors" to clue "A/R", I'd be grateful to know whether any of you think that an acceptable reference anyway. I was really surprised to find that none (literally, none) of my colleagues claimed to have come across "A/R" in a set of accounts - and I was pretty convinced that (i) I've seen it in most of the accounts I've looked at in the course of my work, and (ii) "accounts receivable" is in reasonably common usage anyway.

13 of 18  -   Report This Post

mamya

4th October 2012, 14:05
Ah well had a stab :-)
14 of 18  -   Report This Post

barista

4th October 2012, 14:16
And of course thanks to everyone - Mama I wasn't ignoring you or anyone else, simply responding to Bullfrog and not wanting to seem rude; I wasn't treating the thread as closed!
15 of 18  -   Report This Post

mamya

4th October 2012, 14:19
I know that , you would do no such thing
16 of 18  -   Report This Post

rosalind

4th October 2012, 14:23
I always supposed or was told that A/R meant account rendered.
If this was "Clueless" I think Bullfrog would win. His clue ties in very well with "the requirements"
17 of 18  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

4th October 2012, 15:35
Thanks, Rosiland!
18 of 18  -   Report This Post