CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

delta

19th September 2012, 12:35
AB thanks for your suggestion which agrees with my solution since I laste posted. Can we stick to hints rather than explicit answers please.
11 of 29  -   Report This Post

nonplussed

19th September 2012, 12:44
Especially since I had already said it wsa an anagram.
12 of 29  -   Report This Post

gandolf34

19th September 2012, 15:28
It might make sense to keep all the Rainbow requests on the same thread? There is one a bit further advanced than this one.
13 of 29  -   Report This Post

phillip

19th September 2012, 16:30
what's all this "hints" nonsense. either you do the quiz yourself or you don't. if you can't get it from the clue provided then you have failed to come up with the answer haven't you.
what a bloody cheek to get all snidey with someone who gives an answer. whether you get a clunking hint or the actual answer is neither here nor there. either way you haven't done it yourself. of course, left to yourself, some of you might as well try and build a spaceship for all the chance of success you have.
14 of 29  -   Report This Post

chrise

19th September 2012, 16:32
Hi phillip,
Refreshing to have you back - I missed your special slant on things.......or was it berkspotter speaking?
15 of 29  -   Report This Post

phillip

19th September 2012, 16:41
chrise, berkspotter wouldn't have been so mealy-mouthed.
16 of 29  -   Report This Post

nonplussed

19th September 2012, 16:43
If all the answers/queries ot this quiz went on to the same thread it will be about 50 pages long by the time it's finished.
Can't understand why philip so upset about hints. Sometimes it's the only way to learn how to solve these type of clues.
17 of 29  -   Report This Post

phillip

19th September 2012, 16:53
nonplussed, I'm not upset. I just find it amusing that people seem to think that hints are OK but answers aren't.
it's a bit like taking an exam (that is beyond your ability) and having the questions endlessly rephrased and/or made considerably easier until you do understand. you know the sort of thing....man's best friend,got four legs and goes woof, does that help. no. ok it's d?g and a famous one was called lassie. what satisfaction is there in, let's see, what is the right word here, oh I know, cheating.
18 of 29  -   Report This Post

nonplussed

19th September 2012, 18:25
er - if you don't like cheating, why do you use this site?
19 of 29  -   Report This Post

keenquizzer

19th September 2012, 18:57
Maybe because the title of the forum is crossword solver and this is what it used to be
20 of 29  -   Report This Post