CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bobs mum

10th September 2012, 16:37
I got more involved with the para - Olympics because my son was a volunteer for a day. Even he got weepy and he's 25 and a bit cynical
21 of 34  -   Report This Post

les40

10th September 2012, 16:38
No, don't give the answer, I assure you, there are people logging into this, they just won't say anything until they have the answer.

Let 'em sweat
22 of 34  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

10th September 2012, 16:40
No sorry this might be me, but the answer is

making the cut

Bad clue??
23 of 34  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

10th September 2012, 16:41
OH S**T, sorry, our posts crossed
24 of 34  -   Report This Post

les40

10th September 2012, 16:45
Ah, well then bobs mum, you may be able to comment on something that has been troubling me.
Last night on TV, there was a program on called 'I'm Spazticus'
I don't really understand where it was going because it was all about comedy sketches with disabled people including spina bifida, dwarfism, impaired motor neuron diseases etc. The actors in the sketches were people with these problems, making people laugh and sort-of laughing at themselves at the same time. Should I laugh with them and embrace their disablement or think "just a minute, that's a bit too far sonny jim"
25 of 34  -   Report This Post

les40

10th September 2012, 16:49
Ah yes, don't worry bobs mum, a good clue. It's a golf term originally, when they play 'The Open' they play the first rounds and then they choose who goes on by making a cut off point at 'so many under par' which I think is decided before the tournement. So if you don't measure up to that score by the end of qualifying, then you haven't 'made the cut'
26 of 34  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

10th September 2012, 17:15
Are you still playing?
27 of 34  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

10th September 2012, 17:15
I studied sociology at degree level and got a 2:1 Therefore in my opinion and academic opinion if a person with disabilities is making the joke then it is within reason that the people r portraying a lighter side --- however, i defer to other opinions and would never say what is right or wrong within any given parameter.
28 of 34  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

10th September 2012, 17:17
Yep here Mrs T My dogs poorly so i am doing a hundred things at once
29 of 34  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

10th September 2012, 17:20
oh dear, what's wrong with her/him??
30 of 34  -   Report This Post