CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

macmillanquizzer

6th September 2012, 10:42
Thanks, Keenquizzer. I've only just spotted this.
I can assure you that my policy of 'hints only' and 'only in the last days before the closing date' has not changed.
11 of 19  -   Report This Post

emrach

6th September 2012, 10:45
Apologies I didn't realise
12 of 19  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

6th September 2012, 10:46
HUGE apologies, I didn't recognise this as the MacMillan quiz as I did it ages ago. Really sorry Mr Maq, and everyone else taking part. Yours very humbly mrs t.
13 of 19  -   Report This Post

grannie

6th September 2012, 10:56
Sorry. I can't see anything on the quizz that says not to ask for help
14 of 19  -   Report This Post

chrisg

6th September 2012, 10:57
Please accept my apologies - I do wish people would indicate what quiz it is
15 of 19  -   Report This Post

rossim

6th September 2012, 11:03
We have this discussion time and time again. How big a hint should we give and how many days do you mean? It's all very vague.
The only solution is to ask that no posts are made at all.
16 of 19  -   Report This Post

georgeiii

6th September 2012, 11:04
I am always a bit sceptical when the name of the quiz or closing date is not added. It usually means the setter has asked for the questions not to be asked early or not at all. (it is not just on this site either)

Please don't just dive in and answer requests "just because you can". It usually means someone is being a bit lazy or trying to pull a fast one over well meaning people!
17 of 19  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

6th September 2012, 11:18
It would seem this was an innocent mistake - we all make them. Mr Maq, if it's any consolation I was thinking how clever the clues were before I knew they were yours - and I thought that first time round too! I blame the aluminium in the saucepans.
18 of 19  -   Report This Post

keenquizzer

6th September 2012, 15:16
You need to look on AB as lots of it have been asked on there in the last few days

I have always said people should put which quiz and closing but the askers dont do that in the hopes that no one knows which its from
19 of 19  -   Report This Post