CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

the joker

14th October 2009, 23:31
Terry
Using your argument in defence of Flossie,and extending it then this site should be closed.
I agree that it is wrong for people to ask for solutions for every question in a quiz,but the vast majority of people ask only for the odd answer to complete the puzzle.
It gives me pleasure and satisfaction to have been of some help when I am able.
Joker
6 of 14  -   Report This Post

mamya

14th October 2009, 23:34
I am a little disheartened at the way this quiz seems to have become dominant on here.
I won`t however agree with flossie as I think the word cheat is despicable in this context.
I like to help if I can, but haven`t finished yet myself.

M
7 of 14  -   Report This Post

terry

14th October 2009, 23:51
I tried to set out (what I think is) Flossie's view without using the word cheat.
My own view is that I cannot see the point of entering a quiz if you are not prepared to make a bit of an effort yourself. What possible satisfaction can there be in getting others to provide most of the answers.
8 of 14  -   Report This Post

mamya

15th October 2009, 00:01
Well I agree to a point , the quiz has been out a couple of months so maybe some have spent a while rather than asking straight away. I have 32 on the go, so no one particular quiz dominates really and I often send them back partly done or with silly guesses. I was not accusing you of using the word cheat though.

M
9 of 14  -   Report This Post

the joker

15th October 2009, 00:05
Terry
I think that we are all singing from the same hymn book here.What really annoyed me here(and also others),was the use of the word CHEATS by Flossie.
Let us hope that if she has further comments to make then she perhaps can moderate her language just a little.
Joker
10 of 14  -   Report This Post

terry

15th October 2009, 00:07
Mamya,
I never thought for a moment that you were.
11 of 14  -   Report This Post

terry

15th October 2009, 00:08
The Joker,
I completely agree with you.
12 of 14  -   Report This Post

mamya

15th October 2009, 00:11
Goodo this will pass, then come the christmas quizzes LOL
13 of 14  -   Report This Post

mr griffin

15th October 2009, 08:41
Every so often we reach the stage where a quiz dominates this forum and some people start to get angry that all of the questions have been answered, many of them several times on different threads. (Much aggro arose earlier this year for the Rainbow - Put Your House in Order quiz). Some people are happy to help, but others think people should do a bit more work to try and answer more questions themselves. Some people argue that the entries raise money for charities but in that case it doesn't matter whether all the answers are correct or not. This forum has evolved from one where people asked for help on the last one or two clues from their crossword to one where people ask for lots of answers to a quiz. I do not think we can change this and therefore believe we should try and accept it without becoming angry, but it might look better if people could limit the number of clues they ask for help with at one time. However all this does mean that this forum now receives dozens of postings each day compared to maybe one posting a day when it was originally set up.
14 of 14  -   Report This Post