CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mrs trellis

3rd September 2012, 15:17
How are you feeling about your daughter having gone? Mine goes in 9 days, and my son goes back the following week. I feel ok at the moment - but ask me nearer the time! My daughter's halls of residence are over £5000 for the 36 weeks. Outrageous.
31 of 114  -   Report This Post

paul

3rd September 2012, 15:27
Do they have a keg under her room? They've got you over a barrel!
32 of 114  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

3rd September 2012, 15:31
Well..... at the moment i am feeling ok (sort of)as she is 20 and has taken 2 years out to travel with various charities i am sort of used to it, --
lol she is very untidy at home, so i will not miss the wet towels on the floor covered in hair dye !! The way her friends think that this is a free hotel etc .... but and a v big but i will miss the laughter, the silly jokes and banter. It will be quiet in the house but i am already thinking ahead to Christmas when they're home.

Dog really good went out this morning with trainer and he was off lead for an hour and stayed by our sides!! As opposed to last year when we lost him for 3 hours the wretch off rabbit hunting and it was dark.
33 of 114  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

3rd September 2012, 15:36
They absolutely have paul - they reckon that the average uni student will now come out with debts of over £53000. But it's ok because they don't have to pay it til they're earning reasonable money, and as there are no jobs for them they won't need to worry about it.
34 of 114  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

3rd September 2012, 15:41
I think all the wet towels etc are more than made up for by the other stuff you talk about, but I know it has to happen. And I'm looking forward to the day-trips to Brighton to visit her!
Sounds like your shepherd is coming on nicely. Our pup is still less than half the size he should be, and he's the most peculiar looking thing, but he's gorgeous. And my old girls are much more tolerant of him now - I'm no longer worried my lurcher's going to eat him!
35 of 114  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

3rd September 2012, 15:47
that is the most worrying part is that there is no real chance of a job when u have left uni. My son applied for what is a reasonable estimate of 600 jobs (not convinced they were all real) on-line and then finally he printed off his CV and did the foot work in London handing them out --- he had a result from one and is now working at this place.So different from my day and perhaps yrs when jobs were easily available and some for life..not so now.

Anyway enough grumbling has anyone got a clue?
36 of 114  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

3rd September 2012, 15:53
Well done to your son - you must be very proud of him for that.

Anyway, here's one (as I said, plagiarised)

Find it's light after the party? (9)
37 of 114  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

3rd September 2012, 16:08
definition - Find (noun)
38 of 114  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

3rd September 2012, 16:12
does it begin with Do = party?
39 of 114  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

3rd September 2012, 16:12