CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

smudgy13

11th September 2012, 11:30
Funnily enough emrach my mum thought fencing as well .In the short time i have been on the forum i have never seen clues that people have found hard to get ,as i said in an earlier post once we all see the answers we are going to either go oooh yeah of course and feel sheepish , or be so obscure we will go ooh in the name of !!!! how daft.:-)
31 of 37  -   Report This Post

ben99

16th September 2012, 19:44
Hi all,

To add the answers.

1) Not a diver but ending in a plunge - Diving.
2) The train arrives this minute - Jousting.
3) Prisoners do it in prison but bears need these. - Bowls.

2 & 3 I can't see at all so no wonder we didn't get them.

For anyone interested we also got another wrong in the quiz.

"Often found near a fire" we put poker. However this was marked wrong and the correct answer was rugby. I feel we should have been given that one.

Thanks for everyone's help
32 of 37  -   Report This Post

smudgy13

16th September 2012, 20:40
Oh my oh my what can i say not a lot as i will be ladylike ! bowls totally escapes me mind u rest not up to much either we cant all have been wrong and stumped so lets all blame the complier !
Thanks for putting answers on, think i will well and truely forget about this one am i the only one ? go.get a drink ben you deserve it :-)
33 of 37  -   Report This Post

emrach

16th September 2012, 21:02
Sorry Ihave to gloat a little bit I did suggest diving though I thought it was a long shot - the other two still don't understand them :)
34 of 37  -   Report This Post

smudgy13

16th September 2012, 21:50
Emrach you have every right to gloat least you got one :-)
35 of 37  -   Report This Post

emrach

16th September 2012, 21:58
Thanks Smudgy13 - I am always asking for help so its nice to get one ! Still trying to get the other two - so far Chicago Bears but thats all - by the way I think fencing was still the better answer - I am sure people could explain - parse - the the answers :)
36 of 37  -   Report This Post

smudgy13

17th September 2012, 11:54
When i couldn't sleep at 3.30am i was a saddo and started thinking about these answers the train one i thought of a train can be announced as 'just in ' so we were supposed to then go oh justin leap to jousting, and rugby going on rug by the fire so you get rugby ,the bowls had me thinking of goldilocks and three bears and the porridge in bowls and prisoners do porridge ? do not know if my train. of thought correct but answers were annoying me not that it helps now but would be interested if anyone else agrees with me on how answers came about even though they were still stupid !
37 of 37  -   Report This Post