CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

tonyw

1st September 2012, 18:58
If you are telling me to calm down ,then you are absolutely correct.The first day of the shooting season today and it has been hard work,but good fun.
11 of 15  -   Report This Post

emrach

1st September 2012, 19:00
Glad you had good day shooting but no I meant me to calm down - the excitement of thinking I have an answer and all that - Of course, depending on what type of shooting, its the the glorious 12th up here :)
12 of 15  -   Report This Post

the joker

1st September 2012, 19:10
Emrach
Shooting seasons are the same in Scotland as in England for game.
Think it must be the poor partridges and ducks that are now threatened :)
13 of 15  -   Report This Post

tonyw

1st September 2012, 19:16
The first day of the partridge season and what is called a dog trials day.At the start of the season there is a round up of all the birds on the estate and then then a few guns will try to shoot them.We do not expect many to be shot on the first day.The owners with the gun dogs then try and retrieve the dead birds.Not all are successful and so we have a back-up team that find any bird has not been picked.We also make sure that every bird shot ends up on someone's table .Today there were none left for me!
14 of 15  -   Report This Post

emrach

1st September 2012, 19:27
Thanks The Joker - not being a shooter I didn't realise the dates were the same across the UK.
15 of 15  -   Report This Post