CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ab

8th August 2012, 17:46
Congratulations, bigbadmarty2.
41 of 59  -   Report This Post

jws

8th August 2012, 17:47
well done bbm2 and thanks for the bona video
42 of 59  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

8th August 2012, 17:54
Just in from work and clicked on here .
Oh dear ! I must agree with Bullfrog the clue is definitely lacking a letter , its a mistake and I should have double checked .
In a "professional" crossword it would have been unsolvable .
How do my fellow contestants feel about it ?
Should we ask Magpie to reconsider ?
In any event I'm quite prepared to stand down .Sorry for the mix-up.
Marty
43 of 59  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

8th August 2012, 18:40
Congratulations, BigBad, and I'm sure we'll all recover from the trauma.
Rosalind: But isn't Tuesday your Bath bun day?
44 of 59  -   Report This Post

phillip

8th August 2012, 18:41
BBM2, I once won clueless with a clue that some thought iffy. the row it triggered was spectacular. let's not go that way again. I expect magpie thought your basic idea was very good and that's why he picked you. that's fair enough for me. I repeat my congratulations.
45 of 59  -   Report This Post

tonyw

8th August 2012, 18:50
Well done bigbadmarty2.
46 of 59  -   Report This Post

theambler

8th August 2012, 18:57
Oh Dear oh dear oh dear
My sympathies are with BBM2 whos owned up to a whoopsie and we've all been there.
However I dont see how an invalid clue can 'win'. By definition it cant be the best whoever the judge is!!
But above all else who are all these friends who are congratting BBM2.? What are they actually saying.??? "Well done but I didnt get your clue -- in fact I didnt read it carefully/ or at all!!!!!
This is another fine mess you've got me into.
Love love love
THEA
47 of 59  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

8th August 2012, 19:01
Ok then - thank you all for the plaudits .
Cheers Magpie , must say I'm a big Lloyd Cole fan reminiscent of the best bits of Sir Robert Dylan .
And Rosalind - stand by the secure line communication imminent - well tomorrow , off for a pint on this lovely evening !
48 of 59  -   Report This Post

tonyw

8th August 2012, 19:18
Thea.I think you should of(on purpose)just said "well done" and maybe started another thread.
The winner is always the choice of the last winner.There have been many mistakes on this site;but to criticize is not having fun,as this thread should be.
49 of 59  -   Report This Post

rambler

8th August 2012, 19:20
Congratulations, bbm2.
50 of 59  -   Report This Post