CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

6th August 2012, 19:50
OK 12dn done - now my favourite!
11 of 18  -   Report This Post

chrise

6th August 2012, 20:03
Think I've finished now.
12 of 18  -   Report This Post

chrise

6th August 2012, 20:18
When you are creating a crossword, les, what comes first - the clues, the words or the grid?
13 of 18  -   Report This Post

les40

7th August 2012, 00:01
The grid first, which can be picked from a limited stock, I choose to design my own, then the words, which I pick one at a time, although I do have the facility to press 'Autofill' and it will automatically fill it if I wish. Then the hard (or fun) part, which is the clues.
When I'm making the triple teaser, I look at potential words as I'm filling with the foresight of possible triple wordplay, looking out for double meanings, possible anagram fodder etc.

When I'm creating the Joint Effort, I sort of look for words that may suit certain setters from the forum, which may sound a little crazy, but as I'm picking them, I might say to myself, Oh! that one would be good for AB or, that's got ixion wrote all over it and if it has potential risque qualities, then that goes to pastille.
14 of 18  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

7th August 2012, 00:14
Just printed it - now off to bed to start the crossword and think of cakes.
15 of 18  -   Report This Post

syzygy

7th August 2012, 06:51
Nice one, Les.

Back from BC Day dinner, so checked in.
My faves: 13A, 22A, 1D.

I hope 23A isn't another nod to Torque. That's a big ?

16 of 18  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

7th August 2012, 09:57
Half finished last night before drifting off to sleep dreaming of Rosalind's cakes, especially her Bath Buns, and then all done this morning. 1, 3 and 6 my favourites. Well done again, Les!
17 of 18  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

7th August 2012, 14:57
Never too old for fantasy, Bullfrog.
Still had two left when I went beddie-bye last night, Les. I'll think about them in the car...
18 of 18  -   Report This Post