CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pipesmoker

2nd August 2012, 00:17
Xfan, your dad was truly a gentleman. There seems to be a diminishing number of pipesmokers in the world today. I have a fear that one day they will tell me that it is uneconomic to continue producing pipe tobacco. It would then be back to smoking the docken leaves of my youth.

My pipe is of the type which has a separate bowl, which makes cleaning easy. The only danger it faces, is that it might get trodden on when Mrs P walks over the table, or, of what happened to the only key I had for a previous car. She was so ashamed of how I was dressed the night I got huckled into hospital, that she threw everything I was wearing into the bin. The key was in my pocket. Life is full of such little set backs.

P
11 of 16  -   Report This Post

xfan

2nd August 2012, 00:34
P. That is a very entertaining vignette! and yes thanks,lots of people thought my dad a "Gentleman" in the sense you mean. Enjoy your pastime; just try to be sure you don't loosen your bowls too frequently, particularly in public!
12 of 16  -   Report This Post

trevor

2nd August 2012, 01:01
Pipesmoker,
just want to let you know that you are not alone in your avoidance of the Olympics. ChrisE (i think it was he) coined the word "notwatching", Rosalind had remedial eye surgery just in time to 'vigorously' notwatch and i would rather watch noel edmunds (eww - just typing his name boils my blood).

i might venture into central London tomorrow, according to all my local radio it is a ghost town. Great for me to wander but not good for businesses.

this is trevor, notwatching, over and out.

13 of 16  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

2nd August 2012, 01:09
Hi, Trevor. I have been watching the repeated repeats of Top Gear and Wheeler Dealers. Haven't yet reached the depths of watching Germy Kyle. Can I please join the League of Notwatchers?

P
14 of 16  -   Report This Post

trevor

2nd August 2012, 01:58
Mr. P,
Congratulations, you're in (subject of course to a vigorous inspection).
you should receive official confirmation in about three weeks.
you will get a badge and a free parker pen.

for a slogan on the badge, we needed something clear and concise, like the temporary road signs in London, that won't confuse people at all.

hence:

I'm notwatching so you don't have to ❤.

(you should write your name on the back using your free parker pen).

15 of 16  -   Report This Post

chrise

2nd August 2012, 09:41
Yes it was me coining "notwatching". Must confess I backslid (is that a word?) yesterday and watched the end of the men's time trial - but I had followed the Tour de France quite closely too.
16 of 16  -   Report This Post