CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mrs trellis

19th July 2012, 18:56
Lol, and thanks for your support. I too cried for weeks when my son went to uni, but I've blinked and he's about to enter his final year - after which I'm sure he too will be home for quite some time. How can they ever afford to move out?
11 of 21  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

19th July 2012, 19:05
They can't really afford it. My son now lives in London sharing digs with five others (it's a bit grim) He is a personal trainer in the city and works from 5.30am till 11.30pm every day. Mr Q eat yr heart out. However he loves now being independent (i was married, pregnant and a mortgage) we still have to help a bit. House sharing i think is the norm now. Yr right where did those years go. Fingers crossed for exam results. Hows the pup?
12 of 21  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

19th July 2012, 19:09
He's gorgeous thanks - but is about half the size he should be. Oh well, he's healthy enough, just a littl'un. What dog have you got? Who is Mr Q? And finally, where is your daughter going to uni (if you want to say)?
13 of 21  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

19th July 2012, 19:18
Mr Q refers to Quixote who has such a busy life.
We have an 18 month old German Shepherd, His behavior last year was appalling, however it was us as owners. Finally we got the most amazing trainer who worked (works)with us and him, his manners r now impeccable and only pulls slightly on the lead with me -- never the trainer -- he knows when he's beat.
The plan is for daughter to go to a London uni to study law, she has got the travel bug though and is having 2nd thoughts her dad and i r doing all we can to settle her down but we will have to wait She has already deferred for 2 years!!! Kids hey
14 of 21  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

19th July 2012, 20:06
Ah, Quixote of course. GSD - lovely, don't see so many of those now. Re your daughter I have to say my thinking has changed recently due to certain events - I would say let her enjoy herself. But it's a balance isn't it - they have to plan for the future too. Whatever she does I hope she's happy.
15 of 21  -   Report This Post

imagcq

19th July 2012, 20:12
sorry folks ive just signed off on two threads to francis by signing it q then i read this i am not quixote i am imagcq always have been
so please except my apology
16 of 21  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

19th July 2012, 20:12
Thanks mrs t, i need to get some grub on now so chat tomorrow ttfn
17 of 21  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

19th July 2012, 20:19
Have a good evening x
18 of 21  -   Report This Post

magworth

19th July 2012, 22:06
Ooh - my name`s on yellow now!
Mrs Trellis - I heard on the radio you have a cupboard for sale !
Re daughters - one of mine lives in Australia: you can guess how I feel. Mags.
19 of 21  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

19th July 2012, 22:14
Was it a repeat magworth? I think I sold that one a while ago - but I've got a few thousand tickets for the Olympic women's football if you're interested.
Australia -that's not good is it? Thank goodness for Skype - some small consolation at least.
20 of 21  -   Report This Post