CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

livs

18th July 2012, 17:22
Dear syzygy, what I meant was that in a throw-away line you're telling us all that you finished the genius crossword. Given that I've never actually seen one and am currently doubting my ability to finish one if I ever DO get to see it, I love the fact that you seem to regard your success as a fact hardly worthy of note!

That's all :-)

Thanks for everyone's help. I'm currently talking to the Guardian's technical people. I'll let you know if I get it sorted.
11 of 16  -   Report This Post

syzygy

19th July 2012, 05:32
Well, I must give credit to AJT who gave me a hint after I got stuck. Still stumbled about for a while after that, but eventually it came together.

Started in January & got most of them, but they push me to the limit. There was one that was over the top & I didn't even attempt it.

Sorry to hear you are still having problems logging in. Have you tried making a new account? That might be easier. Write down your password & note the caps.

Good luck.
12 of 16  -   Report This Post

livs

20th July 2012, 16:09
Thanks to the Guardian's technical help people, I have the July genius crossword!

And I got the first clue I looked at straight away - but then I looooove cephalopods. Sadly a lot of the other clues are slowing me down but I'll have another go later.

There were two things I needed to do:

1. Install the latest Java properly and uninstall all the previous versions.

2. NOT try to sign in from the genius 'sign in' link because apparently it doesn't work. I signed in from the Guardian's home page and that worked.

Hope this helps anyone else having difficulty. If not, try the help people because they reply very quickly.
13 of 16  -   Report This Post

cmk

20th July 2012, 19:10
So glad you've made it, livs. And there're still 11 days to work at it. If you need a nudge, you know where to come.
14 of 16  -   Report This Post

livs

20th July 2012, 19:49
Aw, thanks cmk! (I don't use Chrome, BTW, but thanks for the earlier suggestion.)
15 of 16  -   Report This Post

pastille

20th July 2012, 20:10
Sorry to interrupt your thread...AJT1 you like some others are not looking yourself....

Cuddles...
16 of 16  -   Report This Post