CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bumbler

15th July 2012, 23:24
janebb, thank you for your welcome. They are indeed so witty and clever on this site so that I find it wise to keep a low profile and watch the repartee! You may have missed my posgt a few weeks ago when I explained that my challenge is to help my 87 yr old Mum who takes the Times on a Saturday only to do the Times2 Jumbo (non-cryptic)and generally manages to complete it apart from the obscure general knowledge clues.... and anything that relates to popular music after 1965...!! She dosen't have a computer so uses her brain and a few reference books and then calls me if stuck. She would think I was cheating to be on this forum so I have to keep it secret. What she'll be like at 94 is a sombre thought... so maybe just a bit I can understand your sad experience.
21 of 22  -   Report This Post

janebb

16th July 2012, 01:34
Thank you for reply, You are probably right. Your mum, and mine, have/had their reference books, atlas etc. and it gives/gave them so much pleasure, may I warn you she won't let you know when she cannot cope with the xwords. They shouldn't be ashamed, alas they are and tragically try and hide it. Hopefully your mum won't succumb to this awful disease. Peace for her and you.
22 of 22  -   Report This Post