CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

paul

7th July 2012, 12:36
Thanks AJT - do they have a campanology section?
11 of 23  -   Report This Post

ajt1

7th July 2012, 12:58
You're really gunning for me, aren't you, Paul? That happened to be something I remember my ex-husband saying quite frequently. But do try google mail; it has many good features. I'm sure Syzygy would tell you the same.
12 of 23  -   Report This Post

paul

7th July 2012, 13:53
AJT - I wouldn't dream of gunning for you - just like word association humour! Anyway, hope you get some sun this weekend as it's pretty mixed here in London....
13 of 23  -   Report This Post

sallyw

7th July 2012, 14:16
Strangely enough paul I get spam from my niece's fiance's Hotmail account to my LiveMail account. He changed his Hotmail email address, but I'm getting them from his new one now.
14 of 23  -   Report This Post

paul

7th July 2012, 14:25
Sal - just in case your not doing this anyway - I would suggest not to open them' send them to junk, then delete immediately. Long time no hear - everything OK with you? BTW we're going to a wedding in Ross-on-Wye next week - anywhere near you?
15 of 23  -   Report This Post

sallyw

7th July 2012, 16:01
I never open them, and I alerted my niece, who was surprised as he han't even used the new email address. Ross on Wye is a lovely town, approx 40 miles from where I live.
16 of 23  -   Report This Post

les40

7th July 2012, 17:24
Hiya Paul,

I've been sent an email from your Joint effort address with just a link to something called 'seratonajaya' at 9:21 last night, I opened it and it goes to an unknown web address not in use
17 of 23  -   Report This Post

paul

7th July 2012, 18:50
Hi Les; That's what I meant! My JE address is my main one. Hopefully it hasn't infected yours with something - my word, this is like having leprosy! Is that what happened to jazzgirl? From what I've gathered, since I was still in control of my password it's not THAT serious - it's just some bot that sends spam from the server. Since resetting it appears to have stopped (so far...)
18 of 23  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

7th July 2012, 19:04
hi Paul
My email account was not hotmail, but it started sending spam to a few of my contacts, including Norah. Immediately I discovered this, I removed the option to "remember my password" , & changed my password both for receiving & sending mail. It's now like Fort Knox trying to get into my mail, but at least the spamming has stopped. (fingers crossed)
19 of 23  -   Report This Post

syzygy

7th July 2012, 19:54
One problem is that a lot of people don't use the Bcc (blind copy) address bar,
or they Fwd without deleting previous addresses.
You've all seen that, pages of addresses before you get to that hilarious (?) joke, or dire warnings about a computer virus.
You don't know who will eventually get the addresses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCSA7kKNu2Y

Good place to verify hoaxes:
http://www.snopes.com/

20 of 23  -   Report This Post