CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chris4food

4th July 2012, 18:35
Hi Jazzgirl and cantersue - 2d gottit.... I'd already decided what it was, but sometimes the obvious isn't!
10a came to me whilst eating my dinner - no similarity and no rude comments, please!
11 of 17  -   Report This Post

chrise

4th July 2012, 20:20
I have a daughter - she came in useful when I was stuck on 12ac (I've never heard of her - the actress, I mean, not the daughter)
12 of 17  -   Report This Post

mondrian

5th July 2012, 17:23
Old gal. Well done on your achievement in completing the Warwickshire Marathon. Did your route pass through any well-known towns or villages?

Jazzgirl I too am sorry to hear of your troubles. Are they connected to your two friends you told us about a few weeks ago? I haven`t read what you posted recently.

Now Crossword. I am stuck on 4D `Take stitch` etc 19D `Speak of love` etc 16A `Stone African dictator` etc and 22A No1 Station. Perhaps the penny will drop on my way home! I live in hope.
13 of 17  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

5th July 2012, 17:49
Hello Mondrian
My 2 friends are doing OK. One had a test today and did quite well. Awaiting the results in 2 weeks, but he is positive.
The trouble was with email/forum problems but that is being sorted. Do not worry.
Back to the crossword:
4D definition is "Take"(synonym) first 4 letters is a stitch used in knitting, + nothing = 0 and trendy = in.
19d definition "Speak" (give a speech )
love = 0 + duty/fee/price (synonym)
16A definition: vigour.
first 2 letters abbrev. for Stone(as in weight) + 4 letter surname of the Ugandan dictator + a.
22A Train Station/No.1 hit for Abba
Best wishes to you.
Thanks to all forum members for their kind messages. J
14 of 17  -   Report This Post

butterfly

5th July 2012, 18:12
They must be getting easier as this is the 3rd week I've just sailed through. Sorry to those that have found some of the clues difficult! Perhaps they've used a different compiler who's on the same wavelength as me. Or perhaps I really am getting smarter!!
Well done to Old Gal, yes quite an achievement - I know I couldn't have done it. Lovely weather down south now, even managed to get some gardening done but now I'll be stiff & achy for the rest of today & tomorrow! Old age doesn't come alone does it?
15 of 17  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

7th July 2012, 15:27
Radio Times is now accepting email entries.
This week's can be sent to:

xwrd28@radiotimescomps.co.uk
16 of 17  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

7th July 2012, 21:40
Good evening, all. Apologies for my late appearance this week. I have been in Rochdale witnessing No 2 son passing his driving test (automatics only for health reasons).

My, how things have changed. I thought he was missing out on some essential elements of driving, like using a hand brake at traffic lights. His instructor looked at me as if I had mislaid my man with the red flag. A selection of one from three point turn, reversing, parallel parking. Not all of them, and no emergency stop. Anyway, he got through first time. I think I also boosted the local economy. No 2 son has expensive tastes. Good to be home, though.

Crossword not too bad. As usual, never heard of the famous actress, and had to resort to an atlas to confirm my thoughts on the Asian place.

Hope all are well, and not getting too wet.

Best wishes.

P
17 of 17  -   Report This Post