CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

phillip

27th June 2012, 19:05
no,not really. but it looks like henry v is the answer.
11 of 16  -   Report This Post

phillip

27th June 2012, 19:33
Elizabeth's jewel beyond price is a bit iffy as well..........

There is no jewel, be it of never so rich a price, which I set before this jewel; I mean your love. Though God hath raised me high, yet this I account the glory of my reign, that I have reigned with your loves. I have ever used to set the last Judgement Day before mine eyes, and so to rule as I shall be judged to answer before a higher judge …. For it is my desire to live nor reign no longer than my life and reign shall be for your good… (her golden or farewell speech to Parliament; Nov. 30, 1601).

you'll have to decide whether she was talking about England or the English people. or ignore it altogether.

12 of 16  -   Report This Post

quizmad

27th June 2012, 19:41
Thanks everyone for taking time to reply ,those were the answers that I had found but the questions seem a bit vague so not totally convinced .
13 of 16  -   Report This Post

chrise

27th June 2012, 21:18
Harry Potter (yes, honestly) on BBC4's "Strange case of the law" has just argued that it was Charles I who perverted the purpose of the Star Chamber to suppress opposition and raise mnoney through fines.
14 of 16  -   Report This Post

quizmad

28th June 2012, 11:39
Thanks again ChrisE ,another question was
1 What was stolen on xmas day 1952
2 Where was the royal tobaccopipe until 1891
once again I get conflicting answers .
15 of 16  -   Report This Post

chrise

28th June 2012, 14:03
I think (again) that the Stone of Scone was stolen from Westminster Abbey sometime about 1952.
16 of 16  -   Report This Post