CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

quixote

26th June 2012, 16:31
Hey folks -
I got off to a royal bad start on this forum - let's get this sorted out - thanks for your help trevor, and brackendale (did I get that right?) - your most helpful explanation went onto page 2 of the earlier thread and I just didn't see it.
berkspotter, I take it back.

Now.I've got a completed puzzle - does anyone want any help?
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

rosalind

26th June 2012, 16:37
Well Quix, you seem to be quite a fast learner. I haven't finished 985 yet, but haven't given up trying.
Perhaps you might like to enter CLUELESS. We will be very gentle, though Julian and Sandy might not be.
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

pastille

26th June 2012, 16:47
Welcome to the forum Mr Q...

Go on join in Clueless why don't you...
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

quixote

26th June 2012, 18:50
I'm not new to X-wording - only to this forum.
I'm very old, and really do it to stave off Altzheimers.
I used to do the Times Saturday Listener in bed cheating with my laptop with the whole thing set up on Crossword Compiler (except for the circular 'dartboard' ones - but I did get one set up in the shape of Ireland once...) - and Chambers' (electronic)dictionary in a second window.
I still do the Listener, when I can work out what the hell they're getting at with the theme - but don't often submit, and have never won.
Years ago I used to do the Independent Saturday magazine cryptic (now called 'Inquisitor') and won three times - you get a bottle of champagne (or nice olive oil if you're TT)each time - which is better than getting three Times Atlases etc etc etc
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

quixote

26th June 2012, 18:57
...and I do a lot of Scrabble on Facebook if anyone's interested - but we'll have to blow our anonymity....
...Oh, get a life, Q......
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

trevor

26th June 2012, 19:02
he-he,
sorry Quixote, don't do scrabble.
Mary6 has posted a query about the crossie you have finished tho.
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

berkspotter

26th June 2012, 19:05
Quixote, if I'd seen this first I would have left it for you. sorry.
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

berkspotter

26th June 2012, 19:13
Quixote, just so you know. today I am berkspotter, usually I am phillip. different names, same person. everybody else knows so only fair you do.
8 of 8  -   Report This Post