CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

phillip

22nd June 2012, 18:40
well done djawhufc.
61 of 79  -   Report This Post

ixion

22nd June 2012, 18:42
Congratulations djawhufc
62 of 79  -   Report This Post

rambler

22nd June 2012, 18:46
Please tell me I'm wrong but Les40?
63 of 79  -   Report This Post

rosalind

22nd June 2012, 18:50
As far as I can see, you're not wrong. Oh, dear!
64 of 79  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

22nd June 2012, 19:09
well done djawhufc.
65 of 79  -   Report This Post

francis

22nd June 2012, 19:35
Oh dear, indeed.
I missed Les40- ever so sorry, pity this was not pointed out to me earlier.
In all fairness I should await his vote till 8 p.m. and see if it alters the result.
Apologies.
66 of 79  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

22nd June 2012, 19:39
Nevertheless congratulations, Dja. (assuming you're still "King for a Week"). and thank you, Francis, for D.E.: when you haven't seen him for decades, as in my case, he's even funnier!
67 of 79  -   Report This Post

les40

22nd June 2012, 20:04
Ah! It was an oversight then.
I logged on at 13:50 just after AB had voted, but when I read FRANCIS'S post regarding who was to vote, and using the word 'Entitled'. I thought that maybe I had missed something over the week and maybe I had been ostracised from the contest after Rambler accused me of tactical voting the other week.
I couldn't be bothered trawling through to see, as I was then quite busy this afternoon, so only just come on to see who clinched the trophy.

My Vote.
As I explained last time, I sometimes end up with 3 or 4 finalists, and pick a winner from them, and sometimes it's just unlucky for the ones I don't pick because sometimes I like them just as much.
So I will vote for dja because his clue would have certainly been in my final choices and it is most definitely a worthy winner.

Well done dja

PS: Hope Rambler doesn't take offence from me mentioning this. I thought someone must have spat their dummy out, but it was just me misreading the whole thing.

PPS: Joint Effort words are ready to be sent soon for July Grid, start looking at your JE emails after today guys.
68 of 79  -   Report This Post

francis

22nd June 2012, 20:10
Thank you, Les40. I am really sorry for the oversight.
As I said no one else noticed it at 1.30 when I posted the list of people to vote.
dja: your victory now more emphatic: 6 votes !
69 of 79  -   Report This Post

ixion

22nd June 2012, 20:47
All's well that ends well etc etc....looking forward to the JE Les.
70 of 79  -   Report This Post