CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rambler

8th June 2012, 19:04
Congratulations, phillip.
51 of 80  -   Report This Post

phillip

8th June 2012, 19:05
thanks everyone, particularly bullfrog and aristo (I think americans are used to voting for nuts). I'll set next week on thursday about 10am to run 'til about 5pm friday. that's about right isn't it.

by the way rambler,I didn't know you had psychic powers and could tell why people vote the way they do. spooky or what. I am sorry I didn't vote. or more accurately couldn't. if your spooky powers read something else into my not voting then that's up to you. and your black cat.

thanks for the prize bullfrog. very funny.
52 of 80  -   Report This Post

ixion

8th June 2012, 19:06
Congratulations Phillip
53 of 80  -   Report This Post

paul

8th June 2012, 19:09
Good clue Phillip - you were on my shortlist!

Thanks for the vote, Les!
54 of 80  -   Report This Post

ixion

8th June 2012, 19:10
Nice prize Bullfrog
55 of 80  -   Report This Post

les40

8th June 2012, 19:40
Just hold on old chap, if you want to know what actually happened. I was juggling with 4 final choices (which happens quite regularly on here, and that's why I once suggested a 1st, 2nd, 3rd place with 3, 2 & 1 points awarded) and I simply picked a number out which just happened to be Paul, which I thought was a good clear succinct clue.
Phillip was also in my draw and could have easily have been drawn from my finalists.
Come on mate, I am no way gonna choose tactically when the prize is to watch a video clip that everyone shares and watches anyway for a bit of fun.

Phillip's clue made me smile and I congratulate him on his win. Well done Phillip, a worthy winner

Rambler, you have been watching too much of 'The Weakest Link' my friend.

For today Rambler... You are the weakest link - Goodbye (Anne Robinson gives Rambler a wink)
56 of 80  -   Report This Post

jws

8th June 2012, 19:45
well done Phillip and thanks to Bullfrog for judging, never an easy job
57 of 80  -   Report This Post

magpie

8th June 2012, 19:50
TRAIN? GRAFT IT INTO US CROONER

GRAFT = CON
US CROONER = DION (THE WANDERER, RUNAROUND SUE)

My vote is for Phillip (10) - I like a cheeky clue!
58 of 80  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

8th June 2012, 20:15
Well done phillip !
59 of 80  -   Report This Post

francis

8th June 2012, 20:26
Well done, phil !
60 of 80  -   Report This Post