CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rambler

28th May 2012, 21:39
I'm truly pissed off that we collectively won't make the rules work. Night night.
91 of 117  -   Report This Post

axel

28th May 2012, 21:41
TELL ME THE RULES
92 of 117  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

28th May 2012, 21:41
got to get some beauty sleep - see you soon chaps
93 of 117  -   Report This Post

les40

28th May 2012, 21:42
Don't quite know what's happened, so here's a clue:

Bunny rabbits perhaps, what they do and where to find one (3,4)
94 of 117  -   Report This Post

jws

28th May 2012, 21:45
hi axel, the rules are set out in post 1 of this thread.
95 of 117  -   Report This Post

axel

28th May 2012, 21:54
First rule of the day.
START FROM THE BEGINNING.

96 of 117  -   Report This Post

phillip

28th May 2012, 21:56
it's better to start AT the beginning.
97 of 117  -   Report This Post

les40

28th May 2012, 22:05
I have read the rules and understand them as follows, please comment if I'm wrong.

I shall use the forum names for ease of understanding.

It seems the problem lies with when the chain has started and people don't quite know when they can re-enter the field of solving.

Lets say I (Les40) sets a clue at 18:15pm and aristo solves it at 18:22pm, I then inform him of being correct and hand over to him. If aristo then sets his clue and it appears at 18:25pm, then I (Les40) can not have a go at solving until 15 minutes after this time (To give a chance to others and to stop the more gifted solvers playing 'clue tennis' with each other). if nobody solves in this time, then I am allowed back in at 18:40. This is also the time that aristo can start giving extra hints for his clue answer. But if I don't know the answer, and jws comes in with the answer, then when the baton has been passed over to him (jws) and he sets his clue, then aristo can't answer for at least 15 minutes from this time, but I would be able to answer jws's clue if I knew it.

The only part I would need clarity on is.
if i set a clue and then it is solved by aristo straight away and then his clue in turn is solved quickly by rambler and then rambler's is solved quickly by AB, and all this happens in the space of 10 minutes, then who is actually frozen out and who is OK to try an answer.
Is it that as soon as it skips past the second person to the third person, then is the first person allowed back in.
By this I mean in the above example, if I set a clue that's solved quickly by aristo and then in turn his is solved by rambler, am I allowed back in for ramblers clue even though 15 minutes has not elapsed from my first clue that aristo solved.

I really hope that can be understood guys.
98 of 117  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

28th May 2012, 22:06
Sorry I missed this today. I don't see anything about avoiding French words in the preamble, though of course I haven't read it carefully enough...
99 of 117  -   Report This Post

jws

28th May 2012, 22:06
This chain is due to finsh at 10. can you give us a hint to your clue? is it rabbit in the sense of talking too much?
100 of 117  -   Report This Post