CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

21st May 2012, 15:16
LACERATE. Must run.
51 of 58  -   Report This Post

jws

21st May 2012, 17:36
We seem to have dried up this week. Would it work better if we started and finshed later?

Say 4 pm to 8 pm or 6 pm to 10 pm?
52 of 58  -   Report This Post

rambler

21st May 2012, 18:06
Hi, jws.

I was out walking today and when I got back around 4pm the game had died.

The intro now states that the game is usually run on Monday afternoon so the volunteer can say what time they propose to start. I think we could try an 8pm close and see what happens?
53 of 58  -   Report This Post

rambler

21st May 2012, 18:28
On second thoughts if we alter the wording to 'Game finishes today at Xpm' the starter can decide the timings. Problem is people don't read the intro! All suggestions welcome,
54 of 58  -   Report This Post

rambler

22nd May 2012, 08:50
If we delete 'usually' from both the top line and the last line this will give the setter the freedom to alter the closing time to whatever time they wish. Let me know what you think. If there are no objections or better suggestions I'll post the altered intro for use next week on this thread.
55 of 58  -   Report This Post

rambler

22nd May 2012, 13:56
Welcome to CLUE CHAIN.

The idea is to start with a cryptic clue - set by me this week.

The first correct solver, judged by the setter, is then invited to offer their clue and so on.

Once you have solved and then set a clue you cannot answer again for the time being - see below.

15 min time limit per clue and if not solved the setter must declare the clue 'open' and everybody can play again.

If an open clue is not solved quickly the setter should offer hints until someone can solve and continue.

Game closes around 6pm. If you would like to start CLUE CHAIN please volunteer next Monday morning.

This week's opening clue is:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
56 of 58  -   Report This Post

jws

22nd May 2012, 16:08
Hi rambler,

I agree with the revised wording.I think there should be a reminder with it that whoever volunteers to start the game should set the end time. 4 hours after the start time seems reasonable
57 of 58  -   Report This Post

rambler

22nd May 2012, 16:54
I'm happy for the times to be INDETERMINATE and let the starter decide when to start and finish. I hope the regulars will have read the thread and approve?
58 of 58  -   Report This Post