CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » 468

rusty

19th May 2012, 23:57
I'm with rossim, rambler, Bernie, and trevor on this one. People who come on here and give next to no information and expect answers are a pain, in my opinion. So are the folk who encourage them by giving answers.
11 of 15  -   Report This Post

mamya

20th May 2012, 00:17
Oh let's not fall out about it, I sometimes do it, I skim read the post and if I know the answer just reply - it is not done to look good or superior but rather on autopilot.
12 of 15  -   Report This Post

trevor

20th May 2012, 03:50
Mamya,
i can only end up sounding mean here but jazzgirl often gives answers along with her advice to give more info - hardly an eager oversight.
Hardly a crime either and it's not my call.
A tad annoying though.
still... jg rocks and you are my queen (yes, i've had a few).
13 of 15  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

20th May 2012, 08:10
In my defence, I’d like to point out that when I‘ve given answers to little or no clues, it has been only to "newcomers" who probably did not read or notice the posting tips.
Along with the answer I’ve always asked them to give clues/letters in future and most have said “sorry, will do”
Incidentally, one newbie yesterday gave only the first 2 words of the clue & no lettters. NO one gave the answer (not even me) I asked her for the rest of the clue. She did not reply, and has not yet been given the answer. Sorry if anyone is annoyed. But some others on here have given answers (without any advice)
and yet I am the one to be picked out. I am now wearing sackcloth and ashes whole of Sunday.

14 of 15  -   Report This Post

steverioja

20th May 2012, 08:24
May i offer my most abject apologies for my hasty and somewhat ambiguous requests for help yesterday. Especially to Jazzgirl who seems to have taken a bullet or two!
15 of 15  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » 468