CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

16th May 2012, 20:40
hi butterfly
Do you mean 16a City fragrance?
If so, it is a German city. The fragrance is Eau de - - - - - - -
31 of 40  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

16th May 2012, 21:48
butterly
I 've just realised you meant 17down.
Cupboard love during division anger (7)
It is a French word for cupboard.
love = o.Last 3 letters is synonym for anger
32 of 40  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

17th May 2012, 16:54
Good Afternoon, All.

Yet another slow start to the crossword, but once I got a few in, the others started to fall into place. It always helps to get the easier ones filled in first, then the letters and spaces sometimes look like a word. Sometimes it works.

Best wishes to all. Hope the health of the invalids is holding up.

P
33 of 40  -   Report This Post

rosalind

17th May 2012, 19:06
Sorry chris4food, didn't answer. LOL is Laugh out Loud in my case, and always has been.
What version od rude Scrabble did you play? It's always difficult to agree on what is actually a rude word, but if agreed they scored triple. Not enough of some letters, though, so I bought another set. Not much else to do during Miner's Strike and electricity shut downs.
R
34 of 40  -   Report This Post

magworth

18th May 2012, 09:15
Hello All! Just returned from cruise. So tired my brain has turned to mush. Working my way thru` 20 and 21 with your help. Didn`t go to Norway, but very cold in Helsinki. Surprisingly warm in St. Pete. Getting used to making my own meals again...... Mags.
35 of 40  -   Report This Post

mondrian

19th May 2012, 09:39
Magworth. Glad you enjoyed your cruise. Apart from being cold did you get to see much in Helsinki? My son and family live there. Have visited and know how cold the winters can be.

Meanwhile back to basic here. I am stuck.

3Down Short boat following European animal.
14down Loudly greeting change to top table?

In both cases I have every second letter, but still cannot get them. Are you out taking photographs Jazzgirl or can you help me?
36 of 40  -   Report This Post

mondrian

19th May 2012, 09:48
Have resorted to Quick Solve and now hang my head in shame that I couldn`t get 14 down. With regard to 3down I cannot `see` the relevance to the `short boat` of the clue. Any suggestions welcome.
37 of 40  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

19th May 2012, 10:14
Good morning Mondrian
My working of 3d was cat = short for catamaran + Pole for the European, but maybe there is another way of looking at it.
Welcome back Magworth. Hope your home-cooking is up to the cruise standard !
J

38 of 40  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

19th May 2012, 10:18
PS me again Mondrian
Yes, I was out earlier with the Woodpeckers!
Got some really good shots (for me, anyway)
Lovely and sunny here.
J
39 of 40  -   Report This Post

mondrian

19th May 2012, 12:34
Thank you Jazzgirl for the explanation. The `cat` bit dawned on me on the way home but not the `pole` bit. I am so slow on the uptake sometimes, it is a wonder I ever get the crossword finished at all!! Some of this week`s clues were just so perfect when one got the answer. I am thinking of that 4 letter answer for the hoisin clue amongst others. Incidentally, I had never heard of that sauce before.

Lucky you having a nice sunny day. Here at least it is not raining which is almost a miracle but it is cold.

Hope all our contributors are around next week. So `see` you all then.
40 of 40  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 21