CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

andyc

13th May 2012, 18:49
It works for me as well so my pdf theory can be thrown out! (on this one)
11 of 20  -   Report This Post

ixion

13th May 2012, 18:49

mistere

13th May 2012, 20:08
I have the same problem with IE so downloaded Mozilla Firefox (for free) and it works fine.
13 of 20  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

13th May 2012, 20:43
Thanks, andyc (again), ixion, and MisterE. Actually, I can't even get to the non-PDF puzzle (you know, with the link for the printable version); that's what makes it shut down. It really is strange that it only happens with this site.
14 of 20  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

13th May 2012, 20:48
It just occurred to me to try it on my old PC, though it also runs Windows and has the same version of Explorer, and it worked perfectly! Curious. Thanks for all the advice.
15 of 20  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

14th May 2012, 14:59
This was much easier than usual. What is the significance of the arrow at 36a? Is one supposed to create an alternate clue or something?
16 of 20  -   Report This Post

peterm

14th May 2012, 15:09
No significance in the arrow, aristo. I'm pretty sure I get it in all the AZEDs that I print off. I've also got a rogue grey line to the left of the grid.

Agreed, not difficult this week.
17 of 20  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

14th May 2012, 15:18
Thanks, peterm.
18 of 20  -   Report This Post

cornbrash

16th May 2012, 04:05
The problem is almost certainly the Java plug-in, which is invoked as soon as you click on the Azed link at the Guardian site. Make sure your plug-in is the latest version, not corrupted, and has permission to run in IE9. Hope that helps.
19 of 20  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

16th May 2012, 07:31
@ Cornbrash: You seem to know your way around technically -- I certainly don't. I'm the guy Sudokulover mentioned earlier with the problem that in France at midnight British time Azed now takes ages to appear, wheredas I understand in Britain it's available immediately. This is presumably a quite different problem: my copy is perfect when it eventually appears. Can you suggest any explanation, even if there's no way of improving things? I've heard very different theories from different "experts"!
20 of 20  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Azed 2084