CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

13th May 2012, 17:40
I've been getting Azed from the Guardian site for years, but for the past couple of months I haven't been able to access it there; whenever I click on the link for it, Internet Explorer shuts down (most mysterious). The first time this happened AB was kind enough to send me a PDF link for it, and since then I've been able to google the current puzzle number to find an accessible link, but I tried it today and there isn't one. Has anyone else had this problem?
1 of 20  -   Report This Post

terry

13th May 2012, 17:45
I downloaded the Azed via Chrome browser.
2 of 20  -   Report This Post

andyc

13th May 2012, 17:49
Aristo if you are using IE9 and the file you're trying to download is a .pdf then there is glitch which makes downloading pdf as good as impossible. Try using another web browser.
3 of 20  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

13th May 2012, 17:55
I download PDFs all the time; in this case I can't get to the Azed page at all, and a red X appears with a message saying that Explorer had to be shut down. This has never happened with anything else. As said above, I used to be able to find another PDF of Azed by googling, and that worked perfectly well, but there isn't one today.
4 of 20  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

13th May 2012, 17:59
Thanks for your suggestions, terry and andyc.
5 of 20  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

13th May 2012, 18:13
hello aristo - greedy kite says he has trouble too and it takes ages to get it after midnight sat/early sun morn.
6 of 20  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

13th May 2012, 18:21
That pesky English Channel and Atlantic again no doubt. Thanks, sudokulover; I'll keep trying.
7 of 20  -   Report This Post

rambler

13th May 2012, 18:26

aristophanes

13th May 2012, 18:39
Thanks, rambler, but the same thing happens.
9 of 20  -   Report This Post

rambler

13th May 2012, 18:47
I know it doesn't help but for the record I'm using Internet Explorer and the link works. Hope you sort it out.
10 of 20  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Azed 2084