CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pastille

10th May 2012, 14:01
Skirt the contact.......

?
21 of 30  -   Report This Post

rambler

10th May 2012, 14:03
Pastille, see post 12!
22 of 30  -   Report This Post

torquemada

10th May 2012, 15:14
I'm not sure how anyone can tell that an anagram has been generated with unassisted brainpower, by use of pencil and paper or with computer assistance. I'm equally unclear why it would matter or why one or the other would be somehow unfair. I'd be surprised if many professional setters didn't use computer assistance at least part of the time.

As someone has said already, there is far more to creating a clue than simply generating an anagram and, of course, you don't have to use an anagram clue. Indeed, the vast majority of cryptic clues are not anagrams; I'd guess that charades are the commonest type.
23 of 30  -   Report This Post

pastille

10th May 2012, 18:28
Hi rambler...a cricket reference I assume.
24 of 30  -   Report This Post

pastille

10th May 2012, 18:34
I do like an anagram...but often can't "see"them.

I sometime use.easypeasyanagram.co..uk , but if i have time like to use scrabble tiles.

25 of 30  -   Report This Post

rambler

10th May 2012, 18:37
pastille, look at Bernie's post 12 and my post 22 and all will be revealed.
26 of 30  -   Report This Post

pastille

10th May 2012, 18:40
Duh!...brilliant!!!

27 of 30  -   Report This Post

rossim

10th May 2012, 18:42
Surely the skill in writing a good clue involving an anagram is to write a smooth surface in order to disguise it (and possibly amuse).
Presumably we can use dictionaries and spellcheckers!
28 of 30  -   Report This Post

bernie

10th May 2012, 18:43
That penny's got ice on it!
29 of 30  -   Report This Post

wendy

12th May 2012, 09:33
Hello all,

Been away for a few days but good to get back amongst the banter.

I've bought myself an iphone4s and have discovered WORDS WITH FRIENDS which has been keeping me amused. Anyone else got it?

I had a look at Crossword Clue Solver which is available as an app for 69p but the reviews are a bit damning to say the least. At least it explained to me why Ash created this site, must be a "tool" to market his app. 69p may not sound much - but if millions buy it....?

All good fun though and using a posh piece of kit like this just goes to show that you CAN teach an old dog new tricks after all!
30 of 30  -   Report This Post