CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

30th April 2012, 18:06
Can't focus- still seeing flames. Now I know what makes Torkie tick though.
91 of 99  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

30th April 2012, 18:11
Been saving up Waldensian tracts to get the fire going. No cats, FRANCIS.
92 of 99  -   Report This Post

les40

30th April 2012, 18:13
I may be wrong, but Ramblers clue didn't seem fair with it's reading order.

Explanation:

Fat is the definition (Porcine)
Should it not then read Hiker's lost, reportedly due to its appearance, and not their appearance.

IT being the 'Poor sign'

Because 'their' meaning his or hers has been dealt with at the beginning and then the clue moves along to the Poor sign homophone to relate back to 'Porcine' at the beginning.

When Rambler posted that 'Thei related to His/Hers, it got me thinking of an actual person and not an inanimate sign.

Any help is welcome from the 'High brow' Brigade, you are also welcome to reprimand me for being arsey if I'm off the mark
93 of 99  -   Report This Post

les40

30th April 2012, 18:15
And before you start, I see I've missed an 'R' in THEIR
94 of 99  -   Report This Post

rambler

30th April 2012, 18:42
I've had a think about it, Les and you are right. Sorry about that.
95 of 99  -   Report This Post

rambler

30th April 2012, 18:50
Because of the slow start we haven't got a starter for next week.
96 of 99  -   Report This Post

les40

30th April 2012, 19:11
I was just sat in the bath Rambler, and thought to myself that I'm an arsehole for being so pedantic, I forget that on the Clue Chain you have to think fast to get a clue on if you get the last one, and if you ain't got one ready, it can be a bit daunting and rushed, so the apology is to you from me sir.

I don't want to volunteer for next week in case I can't make it again, but if I'm here, I will certainly kick things off, i suppose anyone can start if they want.
97 of 99  -   Report This Post

rambler

30th April 2012, 19:17
Actually it wasn't rushed, it was just poorly worded - pity really cos I rather liked the homophone. We can sort out a starter between us later.
98 of 99  -   Report This Post

pastille

30th April 2012, 19:27
Sorry I missed this...after a slow start, it looked like fun...just read the first couple of pages then skipped to the end...

one day I will again add chaos on a Monday
Clue chain......mwwahahah!
99 of 99  -   Report This Post