CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jimmy

29th April 2012, 15:06
sorry about the typos-it had been a long day!
The correct clue is, as NeilM said,
''Traveller's Rest'' perhaps seen to supply cups (8)
On reflection, 1d is probably Dow Jones, but for some reason it is given as just one word in the clue.
11 of 33  -   Report This Post

jimmy

29th April 2012, 15:13
...and
thanks NeilM for IROQUOIAN, it makes sense now, and
thanks aristophanes, and sorry about your wasted effort because of my typing errors(it just took me five attempts to try and type errors!)
12 of 33  -   Report This Post

leon

1st May 2012, 11:13
5d stopover
13 of 33  -   Report This Post

jimmy

1st May 2012, 20:29
thanks, leon, that seems to fit, but i'm not sure about the wordplay; could you please explain it?
I'm also presuming that another of my clues - 29a Jack and bluefish perhaps taking a new heading (6)SA?L?R (with the R from stopover) - is sailor, but again I can't work out the wordplay. Any ideas?
14 of 33  -   Report This Post

leon

1st May 2012, 21:09
29a bluefish=tailor change heading t to s
sailor=jack,cant fully explain 5d, but I have a full grid advise if you want any more
15 of 33  -   Report This Post

redmare

2nd May 2012, 13:20
I also have a full grid and have highlighted everything that needs to be highlighted except for the three word title, which I think is ambiguous. Can anyone who has worked this out confirm that this consists of a full entry and its clue number? This is the only way I can logically justify my answer.
16 of 33  -   Report This Post

leon

2nd May 2012, 15:31
rednare,I am still grid staring at present,only seen franz kafka which I understand is a red herring any hints appreciated
17 of 33  -   Report This Post

unclued

2nd May 2012, 20:54
Leon - try the diagonal. Can anyone tell me why 8 down is ANANA? Also I've no idea about 28 Down. Help much appreciated.
18 of 33  -   Report This Post

leon

2nd May 2012, 21:15
unclued, 8d wordplay is topbanana(star entertainer in lineup) top banana remove letter b=anana,28d pets backwards in miss, def misssteps.hope this makes sense
thanks re diagonal hint cant see anything obvious yet
19 of 33  -   Report This Post

unclued

2nd May 2012, 21:36
Thanks. I had iambi instead of iambs. I am looking for the five and six cells and the number.
20 of 33  -   Report This Post