CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

greedy kite

11th April 2012, 14:27
No,'fraid not -- so they'll have to go on eating up their house, won't they?
REALLY, I DON'T KNOW WITCH WORDS TO ENTER
(sorry, my brother used to torture me with such wicked puns even over breakfast).
Anyone got a serious suggestion to make now on the Famous Last Five?
11 of 15  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

11th April 2012, 14:53
The one beginning B is probably now BILBAO + "vacant cell" (we don't completely follow yet, either)since it's an anag. of bail in bo for US fam. add.!
That COULD mean the first letter of the "copy" clue is A, also present in APE (=verb mng. copy): whole solution then A??PE > Agape (either pron.) but don't see why...
12 of 15  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

11th April 2012, 15:47
The first thing I thought of was Bilbao, but of course it was too short. I tried to find something that was an anagram of bail inside bro. Perhaps it's bro (which is indeed a commonly used address- a sort of street slang) and the R is entered for some reason...
13 of 15  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

11th April 2012, 17:44
Sorry I'm answering a bit late, Ar.

The fam.Am.add. is just BO (given in Ch.!)and we're now down to the "8 vacant cells" -- I'll let you know if we ever finish it! The previous puzzle concerning Araucaria is unbelievably complicated even after seeing the solutions! At least "Listener" standard! I don't know how to post it here, and I would hesitate anyway! More anon when I've found fresh strength (of the non-alcoholic variety first...)
14 of 15  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

11th April 2012, 19:26
For those who have tried to help: we're now on the final phase, namely trying to make sense of the 8 "vacant cells", as they're called.Anyone know how to build the genetic symbol for female, circle & cross, with only 8 little squares? We've got the cross, but only 4 for the circle above? It was all about the "other half", you see, of comedy duos but also (I'm assuming) in a marriage partnership/couple!
15 of 15  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » CAM 65