CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

torquemada

1st April 2012, 09:42
Good. You had specifically asked for a clue, not the answer, after all.

I've now posted on the Peer Review thread, Rosalind.
11 of 15  -   Report This Post

catcharmer

1st April 2012, 15:45
The hint was great - allowed me to get the first two, and I'd have got the third eventually, through research. I wish people wouldn't give the whole answer, though. After all, this is meant to be a prize crossword, so giving the answers isn't really fair and just spoils it for those of us who are trying to work it out.
12 of 15  -   Report This Post

berkspotter

1st April 2012, 17:03
If giving the answers to a prize crossword isn't really fair, how is giving clunking great clues that a cat could solve OK. either you do it as presented by the compiler or you don't.
13 of 15  -   Report This Post

dixiedean

1st April 2012, 20:10
I agree if you are doing it as a prize crossword then it isnt fair to look at a clue given by someone else. However, I am doing it only for my own amusement and still dont get the clues - ok it is April fools day but why do these clues make you an April fool? I must be thick.
14 of 15  -   Report This Post

jws

1st April 2012, 20:51
Other than the date I cannot see how the answers could make the solver an April Fool. I think it is just taking the chance for a theme. Up the Toffees?
15 of 15  -   Report This Post