CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

film fan

1st April 2012, 13:51
Rose Red was a fairy tale princess along with Snow White. I know Rosalind has done all the work but the famous film is REDS and the more recent (Bruce Willis/Helen Mirren) RED. More likely than THE MAN WHO LOVED REDHEADS
11 of 37  -   Report This Post

pastille

1st April 2012, 14:10
Way to go people...I am well impressed!

btw Rosiland I was late in finding my prize in the "Clueless" thread...thank you!

message on that thread.

p@
12 of 37  -   Report This Post

rosalind

1st April 2012, 14:17
I am still not convinced about the character in Dad's Army and the last film I saw was "Master and Commander" (before that "ET")so I know zilch about films.
But I think maybe redheads is the connection
13 of 37  -   Report This Post

pastiche

1st April 2012, 14:32
A good attempt but I do not think that is the answer. The link must be that all these characters or real life people have a distinguishing feature or perhaps a same nickname.

The film has to be one of the most famous of all time
14 of 37  -   Report This Post

rosalind

1st April 2012, 15:30
Work back from the famous films, then. I'm done!
15 of 37  -   Report This Post

neilm

1st April 2012, 16:23
If the hangman was Freeman, Morgan Freeman was in RED
16 of 37  -   Report This Post

neilm

1st April 2012, 16:27
The lead character (Bruce Willis)plays Frank in RED a rather tenuous link to Dads Army perhaps.
17 of 37  -   Report This Post

neilm

1st April 2012, 16:29
RED also stars Helen Mirim who recently played thge Queen.

RED is looking quite good to me.
18 of 37  -   Report This Post

rosalind

2nd April 2012, 08:23
Red hair seems a distinguishing feature to me, knock me down with a London Bus if it ain't.
"A Good Attempt" is exactly what my maths teacher once gave my father's answers to my homework! He wasn't chuffed.
Please let us know the answer when you do.
Possibly a good idea to thank the people who tried to help, even if you don't think the results are right. They may then feel inclined to use their time to try to help you next time.
19 of 37  -   Report This Post

pastiche

2nd April 2012, 12:26
Apologies for doubting Rosalind. I believe the answer to be the 1981 film "Reds" starring Warren Beatty with the link being red hair.

Owen Red Hanrahan (fictional schoolmaster)
Ariel (fictional princess)
Queen Boudicea (red hair)
Sherlock Holmes (red headed league)
Ned Dennis (fictional hangman in Barnaby Rudge shock of red hair)
20 of 37  -   Report This Post