CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jolan

13th March 2012, 13:01
Hi everybody. Glad to see they're all solved by stages. Ari, re the clocks, what part of the world are you living in? Just curious. J
11 of 42  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

13th March 2012, 13:05
Massachusetts. We're only four hours apart for a couple of weeks. I've got all five for a change! And a second solution for #3!
12 of 42  -   Report This Post

jolan

13th March 2012, 13:15
Thanks Ari. I always love your alternative solutions!

I used by a mariner but the nearest I've ever landed to you, would be a very large distance to the SW, Baltimore. In fact my first cousin lives there. I've long since hung up my sailor suit. I seem to remember cryptics in the US of A being somewhat different to those at this side of the pond. Can't remember how, though. My advancing years, I suppose!!!
13 of 42  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

13th March 2012, 13:41
Syzygy (from that big cold place north of the US- can't remember the name of it, but when you fly over it you're startled to find that it's half-covered with water) posts the Harper's puzzle periodically. I just bumped the last one, in case you're interested.
14 of 42  -   Report This Post

peterm

13th March 2012, 13:42
I think I've got them all. No. 2 took the longest.
15 of 42  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

13th March 2012, 13:46
1,3 and (I hope) 5.
aristo, I use www.timeanddate.com to check on World times, before I phone friends in Australia, USA etc.
Saves waking them up in the middle of the night !
16 of 42  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

13th March 2012, 13:55
I think I've got it nailed, jazzgirl, and Jolan makes it so much easier by saying 5 instead of 17, so that one doesn't have to do the REALLY advanced arithmetic. My mother sometimes calls at 4am; she seems to be in a different time zone even though she's here in Massachusetts.
17 of 42  -   Report This Post

rambler

13th March 2012, 13:59
aristo, set one of your clocks to Brit time-after all you spend half your life here :)

BTW got 1,2 and 4- not sure about the other two-probably wrong.
18 of 42  -   Report This Post

helenb

13th March 2012, 15:12
I've not managed to get on line for ages, so am chuffed with myself as I think I have got them all - I think the rest must have done my old grey matter the world of good.
19 of 42  -   Report This Post

rambler

13th March 2012, 15:16
I wondered why everyone got #3 so quickly! Came back and....

Just #5 now.

20 of 42  -   Report This Post