CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

keenquizzer

10th March 2012, 23:35
Well over 2 months to go on the rainbow quiz which is for Macmillan Cancer Support

Virtually every question was answered on here for the last one
11 of 19  -   Report This Post

tonyw

10th March 2012, 23:41
Do not blame the people that answer,they do not know that it is a charity quiz.Rather scold those that ask for answers,when they are kindly asked not to.
To my mind,any charity quiz solver should not ask for answers on the internet and just send in their answers,complete or not.
12 of 19  -   Report This Post

phillip

10th March 2012, 23:49
Tonyw, I think (I can't be bothered to look it up) that a Jenny is a female ass, donkey or mule. all these are different animals technically ( is that the right word) and related to horses. Indeed a horse will be the parent, mummy or daddy I can't remember which.

As far as whether we should be helping the poster I can only agree with you. How am I supposed to know the compiler has said "don't ask on sites like this". It is still not clear whether this is the case with this is it.

13 of 19  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

11th March 2012, 00:26
Yes, phillip, we do indeed spell it jenny. I was merely typing too fast and my error couldn't be corrected (I cringe with shame).
Aren't those cross-species creatures something? Perhaps they'll be crossing badgers and fisher cats one day.
14 of 19  -   Report This Post

phillip

11th March 2012, 00:54
aristo, I know I wind you up. But I do love America really. I've been there quite a few times. I've done the shopping in New York thing with the wife three times, but I'd rather forget that. I've taken the kids to disneyland twice and I'd like to forget that as well.
BUT I was the technical expert (it does not matter on what)for three, three month periods at clearwater florida. It rapidly became clear to me that my expertise of local restaurants,hooter bars, pole dancing clubs,etc. was what was really required.

I bloody loved it. And I made some friends for life.
15 of 19  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

11th March 2012, 17:52
It's not everyone who can say he made friends for life in a pole dancing club (were you a member?); I knew you had to be more gregarious than you pretend to be. I too was horrified by Disney World; my kids won't let me forget that I spent my time there reading Bleak House.
16 of 19  -   Report This Post

chrise

11th March 2012, 17:54
Forfend that I be pedantic (again!), but a mule is the offspring of a male donkey and a female horse; the reverse cross (male horse, female donkey) is a hinny.
17 of 19  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

11th March 2012, 18:03
Yet more illustrations of the disadvantages of indiscriminately hooking up in pole dancing clubs. :)
18 of 19  -   Report This Post

nonplussed

11th March 2012, 18:44
Also a jenny
19 of 19  -   Report This Post