CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

magic1

13th March 2012, 17:32
TonyW HORSING AROUND 12 Mar 2012 19.55 Post 17 of 20
Reply. Most competitors know precisely how much time that they can spare for completion of quizzes. Indeed many indulge in racing !! However it is really none of your business how I spend my time. My comments 1. I have completed often fully correctly 2 copies per annum every year since the Mid 1990s and send a generous donation into the bargain 2.If you look at the post in question you will note that nowhere have I asked for answers, only an anagram,just a time saving luxury.
To say the least I was quite taken aback to receive your "uncalled for comments." I feel that these remarks would discourage potential competitors much more so than requests for answers etc. We are supposed to be enjoying a game, and cooperating with each other and not expecting to be attacked by complete strangers.Let us hope that this may never occur again
21 of 27  -   Report This Post

tonyw

13th March 2012, 18:04
So I was correct,I rest my case!
22 of 27  -   Report This Post

crockett

13th March 2012, 18:24
How self-righteous can you get!
23 of 27  -   Report This Post

lisalippy

13th March 2012, 22:42
I'm with you Magic1..half of the fun is coming on here and helping each other out with more clues...
and quizmad...my sister got this one tonight...not sure how yet, but as far as i can see its another word for geese and with the l from lake??? hope that helps
24 of 27  -   Report This Post

phillip

13th March 2012, 22:49
lisalippy, so you know what the answer is; another word for geese and l for lake..but you can't see how it adds up to the answer. hmmm, clearly you don't come into the lazy category................
25 of 27  -   Report This Post

magic1

13th March 2012, 23:27
LISALIPPY. HORSING AROUND BY TONYW Reference. Your last comments.You have restored my faith in the Rainbow quiz competitors AND MORE IMPORTANTLY THE WISER and maybe more mature HUMAN RACE. Thank heavens there are plenty like you especially when they make themselves known. I shall sleep the better for your considerate comments.Yes I too know what the answer for the geese query is. All these answers can be found in a number of dictionaries Bradfords fo example and we dont consider that cheating. WE are simply finding the answers from a different source. those who wish to use the Horsewhip or talk of cheating simply reflect their own attitudes WHICH DOES NOT IMPROVE THE WHOLE COMPETITION Cheers
26 of 27  -   Report This Post

archstanton

14th March 2012, 00:42
Magic1 – if you cannot see the huge difference between working out the answer yourself by using a reference book like Bradfords (where you do the work and only you see the result of that work) and asking for help here (where someone else does the work and the answer is available for the world to see) then it's no wonder you're asking for help with this quiz which doesn't finish until the end of May!
27 of 27  -   Report This Post