CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mondrian

8th March 2012, 16:42
Thanks Jazzgirl for your response. I sort of had that word but couldn`t see the connection to a temple, but of course now I do - the very famous one is in Cambodia, isn`t it.

Are you a tax expert as well as an expert photographer?
11 of 20  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th March 2012, 17:02
Hello again Mondrian,
No I'm not an expert on either.
My friend had a new tax code for and has no access to a computer, so I had to google HMRC to help him out !
12 of 20  -   Report This Post

plodder

8th March 2012, 19:02
Thanks all for your help. I checked bootleg in Chambers and Shorter OED without any trouser connection. Just a few to do, incl finding a TV cops brother.! Not Mycroft.!
13 of 20  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th March 2012, 19:11
hi again plodder
I just checked the Oxford Concise and only the illicit bootleg is there. As for the TV detective's brother, you should read the clue as "Tv detective is Brother" another double definition.
14 of 20  -   Report This Post

wee jock

8th March 2012, 20:49
HOWDY AGAIN

Thanks JASSGIRL for bringing me in from the parallel universe in I'd got myself into. Is there no way of merging the two sites?
In any case, could I respectfully request
that whoever is first to upen the site each week callls it'RADIO TIMES No-' for sake of we Macular Degenerates and other Visually
impared.
You are an Angel of Mercy,Jazzgirl,and a brilliant solverof crosswords,not only RT but all the others you do, so how do manage to do gardening too,and all that jazz?
REGARDS TO ALL
TIMES TEN
WJ

15 of 20  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th March 2012, 21:26
Hello again Wee Jock
There are 3 threads on RT this week. I hope some of the regular RT-ers will take note of your request, thus making it easier for you to spot. I cannot see any way of merging threads (apart from a magic wand )
So next week, hopefully, there will be a RADIO TIMES Prize Crossword No.12.
There are so many solvers on here far more helpful and brainier than me. I just check in a few times a day and if I spot any unsolved I have a go (not always accurate !)
Ten times
J

16 of 20  -   Report This Post

old gal

8th March 2012, 23:05
Greetings all! I have been a little slow in logging on this week so was unaware of the multi thread situation! Am progressing quite well this week but am stumped for the TV detective brother too! The only one I can think of is Cadfael - too many letters. Also further hints on 18a please - is this an anagram? 20a - awful motoring series??? Hope you are in good spirits Pipesmoker and Navigator! Hi Mondrian - I liked your comment about our being the last past the post......cheek!!!!!
17 of 20  -   Report This Post

old gal

8th March 2012, 23:10
Doh! The penny just dropped re the detective brother clue! I know there's a brain in there somewhere, I just have to shake it up a bit to get it moving...Nighty night!
18 of 20  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

9th March 2012, 08:08
Good morning old gal
You're a night owl and I'm a lark, and it seems all others had said goodnight when you posted.
18a anagram (if on trial any)= tending to rise
20a anagram ((awful motor)= racing series.
Best wishes
J
19 of 20  -   Report This Post

plodder

9th March 2012, 11:59
My fault Wee Jock this week I apologise.
My similar problem on Sat came when I tried Times Jumbo for first time and put in an answer from thread which turned out to be from non-cryptic puzzle - will be more careful before writing answers in tomorrow.
20 of 20  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 11