CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

macmillanquizzer

4th March 2012, 22:37
Oh, and I forgot to mention that you are all free to post comments on http://macmillanquizzer.blogspot.com/ and to follow its postings by email if you wish.....
11 of 32  -   Report This Post

famousfive

5th March 2012, 15:48
Just read the blog - what a good way of keeping everybody informed. Now, if you haven't bought the Spring Quiz yet - why not?
12 of 32  -   Report This Post

rinkleez

7th March 2012, 15:21
Just found your Blogspot - great idea! I'm progressing quite well with your Spring Quiz, but just want to ask if there's a spelling error on Q99. The answer I have fits the clue - except for one letter, which does have a similar sound to one letter in the clue. Does that make sense? If the answer's "no", then it's back to the drawing board!
13 of 32  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

7th March 2012, 16:06
Rinkleez, (4,5) is correct and all the entries I've had in so far have got the answer I'm expecting. I'm intrigued to know what your solution is, however, so please email it to me at theSpringQuiz@btconnect.com

I hope you are enjoying this quiz, by the way.
14 of 32  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

7th March 2012, 17:05
Hope you don't mind me butting in rinkleez - but I think you've probably got the correct answer, but the first name is spelled differently from the usual British version(speaking as one who has had her own spelling problems with this quiz!) Good luck, hope this helps.
15 of 32  -   Report This Post

rinkleez

7th March 2012, 17:18
Thank you Mrs Trellis - I understand what you're saying. Very helpful.
16 of 32  -   Report This Post

rinkleez

7th March 2012, 17:19
Thanks for you reply MacMillan Quizzer - I'll do that.
17 of 32  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th March 2012, 12:08
Dear Mr McQuizzy
I was about to post my paper today when I noticed two spelling mistakes. Are alterations permitted? (if so, do we have to initial them?) If not allowed, no problem as I will re-write.
18 of 32  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

8th March 2012, 12:23
Dear Jazzgirl,
Alterations are indeed permitted up to the closing date. I hope you enjoyed solving this one.
Please leave your suggestions for the theme of my next quiz on my blog at http://macmillanquizzer.blogspot.com/2012/03/what-comes-next.html
19 of 32  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th March 2012, 13:05
Thanks MacQuizzy. I am off to the post box now.;)
20 of 32  -   Report This Post