CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

teenieleek

23rd February 2012, 19:35
There have been 3 posts on this site in the last two hours. I know I only look in for the crosswords that particularly interest me but once on, I do contribute to other threads. If people are only reading and not contributing the advertisers will not know this, so make yourselves known if only by a comment. Suggestions on how to block advertising are seriously counter-productive. Advertising is what pays for the site.
Lots of the old regulars are missing which is a shame since the site has now been cleaned up and trolls are no longer are a problem so it is now safe to come back in the water, oops, should that be safe to cross the bridge? (see fairy tales).
1 of 36  -   Report This Post

bernie

23rd February 2012, 19:38
It's been quiet for a few nights now teenileek, but it is a crossword site not a chatroom site. I presume all crosswords are finished!
2 of 36  -   Report This Post

tonyw

23rd February 2012, 19:41
Forgive them ,for they not know what they are saying!
3 of 36  -   Report This Post

berkspotter

23rd February 2012, 19:52
teenieleek, I think the truth is that lots of people really preferred it when this site was virtually uncontrolled. it may have got a bit out of hand sometimes but it was usually fun. now it's been sanitised it's often boring.
isn't there an old quote (churchill I think) to the effect that a freedom you can't abuse is not worth having.
4 of 36  -   Report This Post

pastille

23rd February 2012, 21:45
Hi Teenieleek, Bernie, Tonyw and BS,

It has been quiet lately...me, myself and I have been caught up with "life"and unfortunately death.

But mainly...

I personally used to have quite a good laugh and felt the site was a friendly place...and OK Bernie, it's not a chat site.

Things did go "off piste" occasionally.

But even when it was well publicised i.e..."nothing to do with crosswords" people, instead of ignoring would still feel obliged to put their "tuppence worth" in...pity.

Anyway take care...

TAKE CARE...Even saying that got me an "earful" once...

Who do you think you are?

Do you think we are all stupid?

Never mind!

p@ x

5 of 36  -   Report This Post

kilowatt

23rd February 2012, 22:00
Nobody appears to be stupid to me. There is not so much harmless banter these days.
6 of 36  -   Report This Post

bernie

23rd February 2012, 22:13
One man's harmless banter is another man's inane drivel!
7 of 36  -   Report This Post

pastille

23rd February 2012, 22:26
Yes...been accused of the Drivel as well...

p@ ;)
8 of 36  -   Report This Post

pastille

23rd February 2012, 23:06
@ kilowat...

Should have made myself clearer...

Someone once said, that when I said "take care..."I was being demeaning and patronising ... as if people could not take care of themselves???

I know, it is silly.

But we do have argumentativeness Ars£s, who are just looking for a ruck...

Do not in any way shape or form, what so ever take care... OK

p@
9 of 36  -   Report This Post

phillip

23rd February 2012, 23:10
right, thats cleared that up then, er, um.
10 of 36  -   Report This Post