CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

syzygy

23rd February 2012, 06:20
Not a Dropbox problem.

Some kind of conflict between my scanner & Adobe Reader. Suspect the printer / scanner drivers are out of date.

I'll work it out.
11 of 20  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

23rd February 2012, 13:47
Syz: I did half of it late last night when I should have @#%$! gone to #$@!^% bed. Excellent clues, I thought; cohesive- with integrity of sense and motive. 6d, for example: Comparatively relevant part of the Bible Church expunged (5) On the whole the clues are perhaps on a higher level than the Atlantic's, but nothing can match that astonishing structural virtuosity.
12 of 20  -   Report This Post

wendy

23rd February 2012, 15:18
....but nothing can match that astonishing structural virtuosity....

Well I'm just off to the local Pharmacy to see whether I can get some of that stuff over here!

Personally, I'm doing abysmally - it's seemingly impossible for me to get a grip of it.

Where's everyone else?

13 of 20  -   Report This Post

syzygy

23rd February 2012, 20:41
aristo, Les said exactly the same thing. Hard to put down.

Wendy, any particular clue you need help with to get started?
14 of 20  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

23rd February 2012, 23:10
Finally got around to finishing it. Again, superb clues. Only one question. 36a: Gastrointestinal upset obtained environmentally from a cut of meat (5)
The answer is clear, but why environmentally? Isn't it superfluous?
15 of 20  -   Report This Post

les40

23rd February 2012, 23:21
The way I got this aristo was that the Gastrointestinal (GI is upset) in the Down clue as the 2nd & 3rd letters and Obtained is environmentally (surroundings or surrounding) by way of fitting in the position of 1st, 4th & 5th letters.
16 of 20  -   Report This Post

syzygy

23rd February 2012, 23:50
Precisely!
17 of 20  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

24th February 2012, 00:14
Ah! OK. Throws one off, since (obviously) you've got GI and GOT right there in front of your nose. Thanks, guys. Very satisfying puzzle.
18 of 20  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

24th February 2012, 07:12
Many thanks, Syzygy, for the repeated tip: technically no problem here. And now to solve it!
19 of 20  -   Report This Post

syzygy

24th February 2012, 07:34
You're all welcome.
Sorry about the printing glitch. Ran some tests & I think it's sorted now.

I'll post another Harper's soon. One for which I have the solution page.
20 of 20  -   Report This Post