CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

anybody

19th February 2012, 16:36
Welcome to CLUE CHAIN - usually started each Monday around noon.

The idea is to start with a cryptic clue - set by me this week.

The first correct solver, judged by the setter, is then invited to offer their clue and so on.

The person who solves the first clue starts the next CLUE CHAIN - please confirm you will do this.

Once you have solved and then set a clue you cannot enter again, although you can still comment.

30 min time limit per clue and if not solved the setter must declare the clue 'open' and everybody can play again.

Game closes 18.00 GMT

This week's opening clue is:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
11 of 18  -   Report This Post

les40

19th February 2012, 16:50
Good afternoon AQER,
I've just been reading your thread and see you have difficulty on Monday's with the Clue Chain, I've not had any input in the past because I work late on Tue, Wed, Thurs. However, Monday is usually my day off at the moment and it's when I catch up on my jobs at home, but if you need some support with the Clue Chain in the afternoon on Mondays, then count me in and let me know how I can help.

Les40
12 of 18  -   Report This Post

anybody

19th February 2012, 16:58
Hi Les. We've been running the game on Thursdays but we are having trouble with people failing to start. I am proposing to run the game tomorrow. Please read the new intro and you will see that if you answer the first clue you start the next week's game. If the person who is supposed to start the game cries off it would be great if you would volunteer for that week. Join in tomorrow!
13 of 18  -   Report This Post

les40

19th February 2012, 17:05
No problem AQER.
14 of 18  -   Report This Post

anybody

19th February 2012, 21:55
I'm bringing the thread to the top so that folks can see what's been said. I do hope that you think that this is a good idea. I hope people will join in and comment as the game proceeds.
15 of 18  -   Report This Post

chummy mummy

19th February 2012, 23:04
Can someone please tell me what I have to do?
16 of 18  -   Report This Post

bernie

19th February 2012, 23:47
Chummy Mummy, just check the forum around noon tomorrow and all will become clear!
17 of 18  -   Report This Post

paul

20th February 2012, 02:11
Aqer - could be good! Also will perhaps increse focus on PEER REVIEW.
18 of 18  -   Report This Post