CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lionheart

17th February 2012, 00:08
lol...yes, I think I've overstepped the mark this time. A cryptic within a cryptic that is unsolvable and spelled wrong!
I was basically trying to work with 'He wrote Cosi fan tutte' but things got a little out of hand ;) I've written 50+ clues in the last two days...I think I need a break!
11 of 16  -   Report This Post

les40

17th February 2012, 00:15
You have reached critical or better still, cryptical burn out Lionheart, take a break and clear the out the old brain cells.
12 of 16  -   Report This Post

lionheart

17th February 2012, 00:22
I think you're right. Normal service will resume shortly ;)
13 of 16  -   Report This Post

lionheart

17th February 2012, 00:51
ok, I've gone for...

Composer's fair included 14 briefly (6)
(fair = mart & the answer to 14 is Australia)

3 more to do, then bed!
14 of 16  -   Report This Post

les40

17th February 2012, 01:38
Is there only one clue at 14, either Down or Across because if you have both, then you should indicate which.
I once wrote a clue Lionheart that incorporated another entry and didn't realise that that entry was the start of both a Down clue and an Across clue which looked a bit unprofessional and I got questioned on it. If only one clue starts at 14, then it should be ok to just put the number
15 of 16  -   Report This Post

lionheart

17th February 2012, 02:07
No probs...it's only an across starter. Strangely all of my cross referenced clues in this grid are the same...no need for a's and d's :)
I've just finished and checked it through and all seems well. It's a birthday present commissioned by a friend for his mother-in-law...my first paid gig! I hope she likes it :o
16 of 16  -   Report This Post